Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternatives if not enough points.

Options
  • 26-09-2014 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

All your life you wanted to be an astronaut. It is your destiny, your fate. You've searched and found every single astronaut course and filled it in on your CAO. Alas, god decided to play a cruel joke on you and you've missed the minimum Leaving Cert points by 5. And there's no alternative entry route. The agony!

What can you do?

Tell me every single option on Earth except for re-taking the Leaving Cert, re-checking the Leaving Cert, or simply waiting. Maybe you can go to another country and be an astronaut, I don't know.

I'm still in 6th year, but just wondering.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

All your life you wanted to be an astronaut. It is your destiny, your fate. You've searched and found every single astronaut course and filled it in on your CAO. Alas, god decided to play a cruel joke on you and you've missed the minimum Leaving Cert points by 5. And there's no alternative entry route. The agony!

What can you do?

Tell me every single option on Earth except for re-taking the Leaving Cert, re-checking the Leaving Cert, or simply waiting. Maybe you can go to another country and be an astronaut, I don't know.

I'm still in 6th year, but just wondering.

Thanks.

There's always an alternative route into 3rd level education. Whether it'll be through FETAC, studying abroad or retaking the Leaving Cert. World doesn't end if you are 5 points short!

I always go by this saying, "if a door closes on you, another one will open"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You have also covered yourself by applying for level 6 and 7 astronaut courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

PLC,go to night classes and maybe get an evening diploma(Dublin Business School operates one but not for astronauts ;) ) Save up some money and go to another county to do a course. Or alternatively do some sort of apprentice? OR there is the option of sitting the A Levels in Ireland. It is the UK
    Equivalent of the leaving cert and you have
    the option of doing 3 or 4(depending on points) subjects so technically it's not repeating the leaving cert as A Levels are a totally different ball game!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MaybeMyabeNot

My life is set.

• Advertisement
Advertisement