Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple releases iOS 8.0.2 bugfix

Options
  • 26-09-2014 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭

Apple has just pushed out the 'bugfix fix' for iOS 8. I'd proceed with caution after yesterday's bothced update but its most likely fine, and highly unlikely any major bugs will pop up after yesterdays fix. Not showing yet for me but should be available over-the-air shortly.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I've noticed the orientation rotation seems to be fixed, uploading of images through safari is fixed, image attached I tested with. The black space when rotating in Safari is gone. Have to use for a while to see if the disappearing keyboard bug is gone. Also HealthKit is fixed so apps can now be used with the health app.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

DubDJ wrote: »
    Also HealthKit is fixed so apps can now be used with the health app.

Quicker than expected. Saw it mentioned somewhere that it would be into October before that fix (I know it's only a few weeks, but still).

Quicker than expected. Saw it mentioned somewhere that it would be into October before that fix (I know it's only a few weeks, but still).

At first I think Apple mentioned a few days for this. I'm more annoyed they pulled iCloud Photo Library. Looking forward to using that when its out. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

DubDJ wrote: »
    At first I think Apple mentioned a few days for this. I'm more annoyed they pulled iCloud Photo Library. Looking forward to using that when its out. :D

You can turn it on in settings but it's labelled beta.

Zcott wrote: »

Weird, this wasn't available for me before, but out of curiousity I checked just now the the option popped up. Glad to be able to use this now, it's a good feature to have. Think the bugfix added the option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

patch notes:

• Fixes an issue in iOS 8.0.1 that impacted cellular network connectivity and Touch ID on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
    • Fixes a bug so HealthKit apps can now be made available on the App Store
    • Addresses an issue where 3rd party keyboards could become deselected where users entered their passcode
    • Fixes an issue that prevented some apps from accessing photos from the Photo Library
    • Improves the reliability of the Reachability feature on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
    • Fixes an issue that could cause unexpected cellular data usage when receiving SMS/MMS messages
    • Better support of Ask To Buy for Family Sharing for In-App Purchases
    • Fixes an issue where ringtones were sometimes not restored from iCloud backups
    • Fixes a bug that prevented uploading photos and videos from Safari.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2014/09/ios-8-0-2-is-already-out-for-your-iphone/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Installed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭guil

kceire wrote: »
    Installed now.

Is wifi any better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Issues I've had on iOS 8 with my 5S: unreliable wifi/3G/4G connectivity, screen rotation issues, photos not available to certain apps, safari issue, faster than normal battery drain. Hopefully 8.0.2 will solve these for me. Pushing the button now ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Zcott wrote: »

Quite surprising for Apple to be doing this on a non-beta release of iOS ... does it mean that if photos start disappearing they will say they are not responsible as they warned people it was beta?
    If yes I am not sure who would be 100% confident using this ...

• Advertisement

Bob24 wrote: »
    Quite surprising for Apple to be doing this on a non-beta release of iOS ... does it mean that if photos start disappearing they will say they are not responsible as they warned people it was beta?
    If yes I am not sure who would be 100% confident using this ...

Yeah I think that's the gist. They ask you to backup regularly and warn you it's beta.

I turned it on last night, great to have all albums and photos in sync now. I finally understand the new Photos app now, and it's working fine so far.

Advertisement