Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S5 Notification bar

Options
  • 25-09-2014 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Just a question for other Galaxy S5 owners:

when you pull down the notification bar, do you notice faint lines on the screen of the background colour? this is especially apparent when on full brightness.

If you could look at the screen closely for faint vertical lines that would be a great help to see if its an isolated issue or not.

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Hi guys

Just a question for other Galaxy S5 owners:

when you pull down the notification bar, do you notice faint lines on the screen of the background colour? this is especially apparent when on full brightness.

If you could look at the screen closely for faint vertical lines that would be a great help to see if its an isolated issue or not.

thanks!

If it's just on the toggles then there is probably a gap between each one that is transparent thus showing the current bg?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

00sully wrote: »
    If it's just on the toggles then there is probably a gap between each one that is transparent thus showing the current bg?

Not on the toggle buttons themselves. Its under the 'notifications' tab on the drop down bar. Quite visible once you notice them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

I don't think so. Here's a screenshot of mine.
    It looks exactly the same on the phone.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

timetogo wrote: »
    I don't think so. Here's a screenshot of mine.
    It looks exactly the same on the phone.

God dammit! I was staring at your pic for ages looking for lines!

OP, take a screen shot on your phone, and send it to a computer. If it's not there, it's something in the screen. If it is, your phone is haunted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

MarkR wrote: »
    God dammit! I was staring at your pic for ages looking for lines!

OP, take a screen shot on your phone, and send it to a computer. If it's not there, it's something in the screen. If it is, your phone is haunted.

:D
    Good point from MarkR.

I took the screenshot on my phone and opened it on my PC. They are identical on the phone & PC. Theres no extra dot / line / anything when looking at it on the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Yup. Lines are still visible for the phone. Will test on pc later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

Screen burn perhaps, happened to me on an S4, browser bar image burned onto screen. Had to get screen replaced by Samsung.

Advertisement