Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poljot Sturmanskie 1 Class

Options
  • 25-09-2014 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭

Anyone able to tell me if this is a decent price for the watch advertised?

Looking to add a Russian watch to the current (small and unspectacular) collection.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

Think you're missing something there?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The price is alright, although the provenance of the watch is a bit dubious.

The case is early 2000's Poljot (from when Poljot was finally going under)
    The dial is Volmax (Poljot successor) branded Sturmanskie (which Volmax own)
    The caseback is from the Poljot/Volmax Aviator series depicting some famous Russian WW1 flyer.
    The movement is old Soviet stock from the early 90's.

The question whether this whole ensemble was put together in the official Volmax factory (in the old Poljot building) in Moscow or on some kitchen table in the Ukraine however ...well that IS the question :D

In those chaotic years around Poljots demise factory frankens were quite common, almost the norm ...which makes it easy for Frankenmasters today to keep producing more.

Either way the watch isn't new ...but it looks ok and if it works ok I'd say it's worth the asking price.

Just don't assume you're getting something authentic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭VW 1

peasant wrote: »
    The price is alright, although the provenance of the watch is a bit dubious.

The case is early 2000's Poljot (from when Poljot was finally going under)
    The dial is Volmax (Poljot successor) branded Sturmanskie (which Volmax own)
    The caseback is from the Poljot/Volmax Aviator series depicting some famous Russian WW1 flyer.
    The movement is old Soviet stock from the early 90's.

The question whether this whole ensemble was put together in the official Volmax factory (in the old Poljot building) in Moscow or on some kitchen table in the Ukraine however ...well that IS the question :D

In those chaotic years around Poljots demise factory frankens were quite common, almost the norm ...which makes it easy for Frankenmasters today to keep producing more.

Either way the watch isn't new ...but it looks ok and if it works ok I'd say it's worth the asking price.

Just don't assume you're getting something authentic

Some serious knowledge there, thanks for that.

It was your own posts in the pics of your watches thread that inspired me down the Russian route.

Will have to weigh up whether I want something original or not. May up the budget and look at something a little higher up the authenticity scale.

Advertisement