Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday 25th

Options
  • 25-09-2014 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

One I've backed today is the frustrating but talented Burano at Newmarket. He's only had one win from 30 starts and that came back when he was a three year old landing a Listed race at Meydan, and the handicapper has been very reluctant to reduce his mark over the years subsequently, being a high of 106 at one stage but he has always hovered around the 100 mark, but had some decent form especially in Meydan when runner up in a good handicap last season and was runner up in a Listed race at Kempton then, ensuring his mark remained high (as well as being beaten only 4 1/2 lengths by Al Kazeem last year)

He typically contests the best handicaps around, and has caught the eye several times this year, 3rd in a valuable Meydan handicap at the start of the season off a mark of 100 and really caught the eye when getting no run at Newmarket off 102 in April. Handicapper is finally starting to relent and somehow dropped him 2lbs for what wasn't a bad run at Carlisle last time, down to an all time low mark of 89. New headgear on today and the booking of Hughes catches the eye given he could have ridden Hannon's Exchequer a general 7/1 shot. Bit of money for him last night, he's a stand out 6/1 with Coral. I took the 7/1 available with them last night and I'd be disappointed if he couldn't run well off this kind of mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Its Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Didn't see it darced but he is some cliff horse. Next time I ever consider backing him will someone give me a kick

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Yeah PC have a look and see what you think. I don't think RH was too hard on him - could have been testing the waters for a future hit?

Advertisement