Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMEI Number

Options
  • 25-09-2014 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I lost my phone last week and I reported it stolen, unfortunately it wasn't stolen (the restaurant rang me a week later telling me they had found it )and when I rang the phone company they shut down my IMEI number.

I subsequently bought a new phone as I didn't have any insurance for it. The mobile company said they cant re-activate it as it has been 'killed', and told me it wont work on Meteor, 3, Tesco Mobile etc.

just wondering if I gave it to a friend who lives in the UK would it work? Just think it's a waste

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I lost my phone last week and I reported it stolen, unfortunately it wasn't stolen (the restaurant rang me a week later telling me they had found it )and when I rang the phone company they shut down my IMEI number.

I subsequently bought a new phone as I didn't have any insurance for it. The mobile company said they cant re-activate it as it has been 'killed', and told me it wont work on Meteor, 3, Tesco Mobile etc.

just wondering if I gave it to a friend who lives in the UK would it work? Just think it's a waste

Thanks

Thats seems like bull****,
    Its only got an IMEI bar on the phone. I used to remove them all the time when I worked with Vodafone.

Advertisement