Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gold Champi0ns1p 1

Options
  • 25-09-2014 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭

Any Gold managers interested in a challenge? Take on the goliath of this game?

http://www.soccermanager.com/community.php

(nice to see a few Irish in the top 20)

Two approaches - the Baz (AJAX) approach: take on a team in one of the national divisions and try and stop him from him winning the SMFA Cup

or

Ricky O'Flaherty's (TORPEDO MOSCOW) approach

trying to stop winning Russia Division 1 or Russia Cup/Shield.

Currently the following teams are free in Russia Division 1

Krylia Sovetov
    FK Rostov
    Saturn
    Dnipro
    Tom Tomsk

If you think the boards.ie gameworld is competitive ...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I tried this already but it was just ridiculous! Almost every free agent is snapped up for at almost maximum bid.

I took over Reading but I just got so bored of it so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

Wilberto wrote: »
    I tried this already but it was just ridiculous! Almost every free agent is snapped up for at almost maximum bid.

Yeah - it took me a few teams to get into it. If you are lucky enough to nab a decent team, you can make the top four and compete in the SMFA league.

Taking on a Russian team means you have the pleasure of pitting your wits against the best manager in the whole game - and hopefully throwing a spanner in the works.

The former Boards.ie Benfica manager CHONG MAGOO is giving him a good run for his money this season.

Chong Magoo's Shaktar 5 points and 5 goals better off with 6 games to go. Baz Foster's Ajax into the Semi Final of SMFA Champions League - if he can get past PSV, he will likely face goliath in the final

Or take on a Russian team with a big budget and try and snag every free agent potential superstar as they are added to the database, while trying to kick the bejaysus out of his superstars twice a season.

... just reading that back ... I think I might need to see a shrink about this:p

Baz Foster into the final of the SMFA Cup; Chong Magoo wins Russia League 1 and SMFA Shield; Zenit manager from Boards.ie wins the Russia Cup; A successful season in taking down Goliath - well done to all involved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Hey! When did this happen? I miss all the good stuff I swear

What Ricky isn't saying (cos he's too nice) is that the Spartak manager is the most outrageous hoarder in the history of Soccer Manager. Look at his squad at Spartak. Just look at it. He has like 90% of all the good players. How did he get them all! It's so annoying! I assumed he cheated, got fake ids and folk to help him. Then after a few years I figured him out. He may have cheated to begin, but now what he does is this ...

He contacts managers who are lucky enough to have a good player. Say it's a 90 rated player. He'll offer two 89 rated players (players who may once have shown promise, but it turns out peaked at 89) for the 90 rated one (he will admit to you in pm that he "probably sends more pms than anyone else in Soccer Manager"). Here's the rub: He gets the losing (dopey) manager to sell by promising to loan the player he buys back for one or two seasons. So the short sighted manager, in the hardest game world in Soccer Manager to buy ANYONE, tinks short term and tinks "well i have 2 x89s and I get to keep the 90 rated one for a while". But ultimately all the chickens come home to roost and they all come to Spartak. Look at his squad. Seriously.

It's so unfair it just ruins the gw. I stick around to one day hopefully get his team if he quits. If I do I'll keep a few good players and sell most of them. All sold out one each to the managers with the ****tiest squads. I'll try to restore balance to the universe. One day!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Joined there to have a quick look at his team. FFS, it's actually embarrassing that he doesn't win everything, all the time!

Also, he bought Cristiano Ronaldo for 38m, and sold Ashley Young for 44m!! :pac: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Joined there to have a quick look at his team. FFS, it's actually embarrassing that he doesn't win everything, all the time!

Also, he bought Cristiano Ronaldo for 38m, and sold Ashley Young for 44m!! :pac: :pac:

It's embarrassing, infuriating, annoying. I have some big clubs with big assed brilliant squads but ... the whole point of the game is to compete. If you don't have competition it's POINTLESS. This is lost on this guy.

Some well dodgy deals alrite. Though he dint just pay 38m for Ronaldo, he included Mexes and Carlos Cuellar too!

bazarakus wrote: »
    It's so unfair it just ruins the gw. I stick around to one day hopefully get his team if he quits. If I do I'll keep a few good players and sell most of them. All sold out one each to the managers with the ****tiest squads. I'll try to restore balance to the universe. One day!

And that one day magically became true! And now Spartak are even more powerful than ever before!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

And that one day magically became true! And now Spartak are even more powerful than ever before!

Hahaha my happiest day in Soccer Manager the day that happened. All props to Seb for the swap over.

I'm gonna sell off a few more plalyers this summer. Buckets is going to Shakatak. Do you need anyone?

We must always strive to return balance to the force!

• Advertisement

baza Rakus wrote: »

Hahaha my happiest day in Soccer Manager the day that happened. All props to Seb for the swap over.

I'm gonna sell off a few more plalyers this summer. Buckets is going to Shakatak. Do you need anyone?

We must always strive to return balance to the force!
    have to admit getting a bit bored with it ... but my own fault for not being more active in the transfer market. let me know who is available... and I will have a think... 44 days left of Gold management ... I suppose I should renew .. if only to stay involved in GC1

have to admit getting a bit bored with it ... but my own fault for not being more active in the transfer market. let me know who is available... and I will have a think... 44 days left of Gold management ... I suppose I should renew .. if only to stay involved in GC1

I'd be gutted if you left G1 mate

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I'll buy players off ya to keep ya interested ;)

The Genk team is available in Gold 1 if anyone fancies a crack at the most difficult gw in Soccer Manager. Been managed by the same guy for years and years so already have the sort of squad it takes years to build up in this gw.

FK Moskva job going. If some experienced Gold1 manager jumps ship and takes them over I will sell them a 90 rated player for cash.
    (obvs not if they are already in the EE league)

GOLD 1
    ORIGINAL GOLD GW
    MOST MANAGERS IN ANY SM GW
    MAKES BOARDS LOOK LIKE ALDI IN TERMS OF TRANSFERS
    COME AND HAVE A GO IF YOU TINK IT'S HARD ENOUGH!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Joined this for the craic.

Took over Feyenoord.

Jaysis.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Joined this for the craic.

Took over Feyenoord.

Jaysis.
    Join us in the Eastern European league. More fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Yeah ... East is the new west!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Will take some doing to achieve anything in the league by the looks of things =/

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Join us in ex-Commie land!

Advertisement