Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Is there no law against using a pneumatic drill at 1:30am?

• 25-09-2014 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ Dgriff

They are drilling away at Sutton Dart station at 1:30am and it's just ridiculous. I was sure there would be a law against it with people needing to sleep. I rang clontarf gardai (since Howth garda station is closed) and the gard who answered the phone couldn't have cared less. He said ring the dept of environment. I nearly blew a fuse. Ring the dept of the environment at 1:30am? This place is a joke.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,398 ✭✭✭ Frosty McSnowballs

Put your cape on and scoot on over and wiggle your finger at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭ Sir Arthur Daley

It could be loud riding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 Lydia Early Horsefly

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭ GLaDOS

Wonder could it be something urgent like work on a gas line? Sympathy either way op

Anyway im off to sleep :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭ kneemos

Was there a fat bloke with jiggly moobs?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators Posts: 81,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭ biko

Maybe Joe knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,254 ✭✭✭✭ Cookie_Monster

The works will have been authorised. Can hardly work on / around tracks and stations during the day when the DART is active, can they.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭ Wolfgang Megahertz

Dgriff wrote: »
    They are drilling away at Sutton Dart station at 1:30am and it's just ridiculous. I was sure there would be a law against it with people needing to sleep. I rang clontarf gardai (since Howth garda station is closed) and the gard who answered the phone couldn't have cared less. He said ring the dept of environment. I nearly blew a fuse. Ring the dept of the environment at 1:30am? This place is a joke.

That's rough alright. Sorry for your hassle. I assume the Gardai can't do anything going by that Garda's response, but he could have explained it/presented it in a more compassionate way.

The citizensinformtion site has more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭ kneemos

Can't hear a thing from here,must be stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭ Calibos

Wait till the excavators move in to remove the rubble and dump it into the back of the lorries :D Nothing like the scraping and banging from that in the middle of the night. :D

Seriously though, get a grip. :D

Live 100m from Bray Dart Station and similar work went on till about 5am last year. Twas annoying until I put my earbud headphones in and went back to sleep. (As good as earplugs but self removing while asleep to I hear the alarm in the morning)

Not once did I think it was a disgrace. What I did think to myself was, "Well this for a few nights once or twice a decade is the price I pay for being 30 seconds walk from the best public transport link in the country 24/7/365/25.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 Buona Fortuna

You probably woke him up.

Advertisement