Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I doing enough at the moment?

Options
  • 24-09-2014 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Two hours study outside of homework, 5HL 2 OL. Want Arts in UCD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

The answer to your question depends hugely on your answer to this question: is it 2 hours of targeted study with measurable outcomes, or 2 hours in the company of books?
    Make sure you're setting targets/goals for yourself and test yourself to see if you're achieving them - the actual time spent is less important than the quality of work you're getting done.
    Also make sure you're focusing on the areas you find most challenging, and checking your progress with teachers when necessary.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Do you find that when you go back to a question, you now feel more confident about the points you can make? If so, then you're making progress.

Make sure you are studying in a way that suits your style of learning. This is vital as you can waste time (and get very frustrated) studying using one method if you are an entirely different type of learner.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Mpd97

Thanks yeah I suppose im making progress then haha , I do make notes and do some exam questions with and without books :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 romanita

I did absolutely nothing until March and got 530. If you're doing homework AND 2 hours study in September....keep that up and you'll get 625 no bother!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

romanita wrote: »
    I did absolutely nothing until March and got 530. If you're doing homework AND 2 hours study in September....keep that up and you'll get 625 no bother!

There is no way you can say that to the OP without knowing his/her starting point and abilities.
    Sometimes hard work just is not enough.

• Advertisement
Advertisement