Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

house alarm

Options
  • 24-09-2014 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I recently just bought a house and got my hands on a Siemens alarm and put it in my self, try save money. The house was wired for the alarm. Ive some basic knowledge of electronics. The contacts on the door are junction box ones and in dual, so I have them wired with red on one side of contact, resister on other side of contact, twisted legs under spare terminal other leg to tamper of jb and the black also on the other tamper. Now when door is closed circuit is closed, however when door is open the zone becomes disconnected. System isn't set. have to put in code and clear alarts. However I can arm the system in stay at home mode, but once the front door opens I can't arm the system to leave the house. Where have I gone wrong??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

jimbob12 wrote: »
    I recently just bought a house and got my hands on a Siemens alarm and put it in my self, try save money. The house was wired for the alarm. Ive some basic knowledge of electronics. The contacts on the door are junction box ones and in dual, so I have them wired with red on one side of contact, resister on other side of contact, twisted legs under spare terminal other leg to tamper of jb and the black also on the other tamper. Now when door is closed circuit is closed, however when door is open the zone becomes disconnected. System isn't set. have to put in code and clear alarts. However I can arm the system in stay at home mode, but once the front door opens I can't arm the system to leave the house. Where have I gone wrong??

Put single leg of resistor with red on one side of the contact. Put double leg of resistors on the other side of the contact. Put the other single leg of resistor on one side of the tamper and black on the other side of the tamper.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jimbob12

Put single leg of resistor with red on one side of the contact. Put double leg of resistors on the other side of the contact. Put the other single leg of resistor on one side of the tamper and black on the other side of the tamper.

Is that all I did wrong, pretty happy with my self so. That's great thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

jimbob12 wrote: »
    Is that all I did wrong, pretty happy with my self so. That's great thanks

Yea that should sort it out.

Advertisement