Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adoption Cert in a hurry?

Options
  • 24-09-2014 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭

We're going to register our intent to marry on Friday and realised today that we cannot find my partners Adoption Cert anywhere... when I rang today you have to apply to Roscommon for it... is there any way to get it before Friday??? Other than driving to Roscommon... because my partner is in work tomorrow...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rinsjwind

Hi January

The GRO would have to post the cert out to you so even if by some miracle you can talk them into doing it tomorrow, it's cutting it fine to have it in your hands by Friday but as far as I know, anyone can get a cert across the counter in Roscommon so a (very good!) friend or relative could make the trip for you?

Alternatively, a few years ago a friend of mine lost his passport in Spain (the day before the idiot was due to fly home!!) and the Adoption Board (now the AAI) were able to email confirmation of his adoption to the embassy over there so that they could issue a temporary passport.

I think the marriage registrar only looks for the certs as evidence that you're both over 18, so something like that or even a current passport might do the trick.

Best wishes for the big day. : -)

Rins

Advertisement