Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

overplay DNS Netflix and nexus 7

Options
  • 24-09-2014 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

hi all I wonder if someone else is able to help me resolve the following. I have subscribed to overplay smart DNS and have trialled other smart DNS servers. everything works fine except Netflix won't log in on my two android tablets . I keep getting errors like check network connection or check correct date and time. Netflix through PC works fine as does iPlayer (even on the android device) plus chromcasting works after blocking googles default dns . I have cleared cached data and rebooted the device. I have also set my router back to default IP DNS which gets Netflix back up and running but when I change the tablets local DNS to overplay again the errors return
    any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

Known problem with latest version of Netflix....

use the previous version, link in my post below.

You must side-load this, so allow "unknown sources" in your security settings.....and disable/uncheck "verify apps", if it's there....reset these after.

Also disallow auto-update of Netflix in Google Play...

I posted a temp work around elsewhere....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92149391&postcount=7087

Advertisement