Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jd sports online order

Options
  • 24-09-2014 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Hi all..

Bit of help required from anyone would be great..

I made an online order on jdsports.ie and to collect the item in store. I paid for the item using PayPal.

So it as over a week and still I never received a dispatch mail. So I contacted them about my order and I got this message below

I replied to them again asking why is this and looking for more information and I got another mail saying something similar.

I also in both of my reply emails asked about my refund and it was ignored twice. So I've sent a third mail asking for my refund again

Anyone know anything to help or info why this could have been withdrawn?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It looks like they cancelled the order due to security concerns. In these cases, they may not even have accepted payment, so you may not even have a refund to get.

Have you checked your PayPal account!

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

dudara wrote: »
    It looks like they cancelled the order due to security concerns. In these cases, they may not even have accepted payment, so you may not even have a refund to get.

Have you checked your PayPal account!

Yea I checked the PayPal and their is nothing there...

When they say security concerns is their any reasons or answers this could be? I mean I paid through PayPal surely that's safe enough payment or is it something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,943 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Yea I checked the PayPal and their is nothing there...

When they say security concerns is their any reasons or answers this could be? I mean I paid through PayPal surely that's safe enough payment or is it something else?

PayPal only protects the consumer not the business in disputes so companies could be wary of it.

Is the PayPal account verified and are you shipping to the verified address?

Yea all is normal with my PayPal... I've used countless number of times with so many other companies without ever been a issue.

I done a research on jdsports complaints etc on Google they have a poor reputation when it comes to online orders and seen a few other people got this same message. I'd just love to know what this is all about security issues.

It's a bit odd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Yea all is normal with my PayPal... I've used countless number of times with so many other companies without ever been a issue.

I done a research on jdsports complaints etc on Google they have a poor reputation when it comes to online orders and seen a few other people got this same message. I'd just love to know what this is all about security issues.

It's a bit odd

Considering the size of JD sports, and that they deal with a younger audience you will ALWAYS have disgruntled customers who vent their anger and write bad reviews - same for Amazon! So take reviews with that in mind.

Paypal will flag some payments as pending due to security issues - some companies will wait for the pending message to fall off (can take 3/4 days), others will just automatically cancel.

Also if the address on the paypal account and the credit card don;t match EXACTLY, a flag can be raised.

2 other issues with paypal - sometimes, if you don't wait til you are returned from the paypal payment page back to the page of the store you were shopping on, it doesn't show as a confirmed payment. Usually paypal reports pick these up, but again, some places may just ignore this and not process the order.

The final issue is more recent and there has been very little said - some people have been able to mimic a paypal payment on sites, but the actual payment is a substantially lower. I have a relatively small online store with only a couple of hundred transactions a week and have had three such incidences in the summer - paypal knew the issue and have been trying to resolve it.

If refund has not been made, open a dispute with paypal saying goods not dispached and refund refused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

In the mean time why don't you open a paypal dispute over the transaction, will speed along the process and get both the merchant and paypals attention.

Just got a reply from them that my refund will be issued over next 5 working days..

Just can't get my head around the security issues nonsense.. I buy online a lot over a long number of years and never had a problem..

Well their loss won't be buying there again.. thanks for help all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

I've bought with JD online and my order has been cancelles straight away. Rang the customer service and got a guy who told me for some strange reason ,they always have problems processing Irish orders and most come back rejected

I've bought with JD online and my order has been cancelles straight away. Rang the customer service and got a guy who told me for some strange reason ,they always have problems processing Irish orders and most come back rejected

Very backwards if that's the case with both our orders.. surely they should have sorted this problem long time ago.. quick enough to take our money in their shops over here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Very backwards if that's the case with both our orders.. surely they should have sorted this problem long time ago.. quick enough to take our money in their shops over here

Yup. And very inconvenient when the money is 'reserved' in your bank account for a week before you can get it back

• Advertisement

Yup. And very inconvenient when the money is 'reserved' in your bank account for a week before you can get it back

I must have about 10 replies from them not having a clue on my emails with me looking for my refund...

tried to tell me they refunded it then I checked PayPal and they didn't so I got back onto them then all of a sudden i get a mail from PayPal that I received the refund..

3 weeeks dealing with that crowd just for a small order.. never again they are a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

i ordered something off them this morning for a store collection,placed order and got message your bank cannot process this order, got onto bank and they said money has come out for jd, got back onto them and they said that the item must have been out of stock and that the bank have my money in holding account? is this normal practice, would have thought no money would have come out if no order was placed

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dmessiah

I should of read this first.im in the same boat i ordered runners online i opened an account.paidthrough paypal and am waiting for confirmation of my order.i rang them in england and they dont have me on file!!
    So i tried logging in on their website and you guessed it wrong email or password which it wasnt.so im waiting on paypal to get back to me about a refund.dont buy online fron jd sports.
    Anyone have this problem that got it sorted?
    I only ordered a couple of nights ago.

Advertisement