Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viber: message sent but not delivered. Pls help!

Options
  • 23-09-2014 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi my query is that I sent a message to someone while they were offline yesterday. Then an hour later I went back on viber to see if the person was online and if the message was delivered.

The person was back online but the message still said "sent" only, instead of delivered. I can't understand what has happened, why when they came back online the message still was not delivered.

Today, just to see I got my friend to block me on hers and I sent her a message to see what would happen. The message showed up as delivered immediately.

Either way I do not want to re-send another message, I would just like to know if anyone can think of why the message never got delivered even though the person is now on-line. If anyone can figure it out, please let me know as it's driving me crazy not knowing. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

topaz1978 wrote: »
    Hi my query is that I sent a message to someone while they were offline yesterday. Then an hour later I went back on viber to see if the person was online and if the message was delivered.

The person was back online but the message still said "sent" only, instead of delivered. I can't understand what has happened, why when they came back online the message still was not delivered.

Today, just to see I got my friend to block me on hers and I sent her a message to see what would happen. The message showed up as delivered immediately.

Either way I do not want to re-send another message, I would just like to know if anyone can think of why the message never got delivered even though the person is now on-line. If anyone can figure it out, please let me know as it's driving me crazy not knowing. Thank you.

Pretty sure Online means that the app is connected to the internet. Delivered means that the person has opened and viewed the message.
    I sometimes just read the message in the notifications bar but dont actually click into the app to read it so it just shows as sent.

Dont worry, If they're interested in you they'll message you back :p

Advertisement