Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions on Build

Options
  • 23-09-2014 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I'm in need of a new machine and have put together a list of hardware that I intend to purchase, but before I go ahead with it I would like some opinions/advice on this list, any changes, upgrades etc I should swap and replace.

Note, this list does not currently contain a graphics card, this is because I am on a budget and will get one at a later date. I would also like to be able to do a small bit of gaming (world of warcraft and other games with similar requirements) as well as using image editing software. From researching the processor I believe it will be more than suitable to requirements, but would like some advice/opinions on the matter.

The list is as follows:

Western Digital 1TB sata Hard Drive (oem - green)
    Corsair Builders series CX430 Watt Atx/Eps 80 Plus Bronze PSU
    Asus M5A78L-M USB 3 Motherboard
    AMD FX 6300 Black Edition 6 Core 3.5/4.1 Ghz

I was also thinking of including 8gb of ram as well.

Any advice or opinion is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Hi Dave.

The FX range of processors do not contain igp's so you will be unable to use it until you get a graphics card.

I'd suggest going for a i3 4130 or 4150 processor instead with a board to match. The Asrock H81M-HDS is a good budget option.

It has slightly lower multi thread performance and much higher single thread performance which is better for a lot of games. It also has a superior upgrade path and lower power consumption. It also has integrated graphics so you can still use it until you get a graphics card.

You should add an ssd to it at as well when you get the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dave691

Hi BloodBath, thanks for that information, yes I was thinking of getting an ssd but have not put much research into them as of yet.

Again, thanks alot.

Advertisement