Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweetie's horror reviews

Options
  • 23-09-2014 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭

Hey, finally joining the club after watching some great recommendations from here over the last few years. I'll start with my most recent watch:

The Borderlands (2013)

English west country based found footage horror

Found this little movie whilst browsing Sky go and quite enjoyed it. The premise is that a team of investigators from the Vatican are sent to a backwards village somewhere in the midlands to examine and hopefully disprove some strange occurances in a recently re-opened but dilapidated old church.

The main performances are pretty good considering a fairly weak script and the initial 30 mins are slow enough despite some good banter between the two main characters. The latter 50 mins are enjoyable and creepy and build up a nice sense of unease and dread until the climax which was, I felt, a nice twist and made some sense despite my initial surprise at it. Would give it a 6.5/10

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Honeymoon (2014)

The best thing about this slight horror movie is the performances of Rose Leslie (Game of Thrones) and Harry Threadaway (Control) who play a happy couple on honeymoon at her parents remote lakeside lodge retreat. They convincingly portray the newlywed’s joy and it’s gradual disintegration as Bea’s past comes back to haunt her. I enjoyed the romantic setup and the natural setting but the storyline was weak and petered out into a predictable finale. Hard to recommend. 5/10

Advertisement