Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying an amazon fire TV in the US... voltage considerations

Options
  • 23-09-2014 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at getting one of these in the US. Will it work here with a standard US to UK travel adapter, or do I need to buy some kind of more expensive voltage converter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Milky1

I have one and a simple US adapter works. Great piece of kit well worth buying especially if you use XBMC.

check out AFTVnews .com for loads of info

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Hi Milky1,

I recently ordered an Amazon Fire TV, won't get it til next month but really looking forward to getting it.

Is it easy to install XBMC onto it as that's what I mainly plan on using it for. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Milky1

Yes really easy (compared to hacking an Apple TV) and a much better performer. I'm running a heavy skin (Aeon Nox) and it zips through it. Check out ADBFire on XDA Developers site. It makes it even easier to add apps and other things too.

Advertisement