Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

129 Ford Car Service & free 20 fuel

Options
  • 23-09-2014 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

I heard about this offer on the radio. I had just booked my car in for a service last week for 175 so it seemed like a good offer.

The offers is 129 inc VAT and you get a free 20 voucher for fuel/

Basic service and car wash from a main dealer.

http://www.ford.ie/FordService/FordMotorcraft

They also said they would price match any like for like offers. Might be worth ringing around.

"*The offer of a ‘Price Match Guarantee’ refers to any service quotation received from any licensed independent, or non-Ford affiliated workshop, within a 10 km radius of the Ford workshop, offering a service price lower than that of the Dealer’s listed price, or the national recommended Ford Motorcraft 5+ Service price, whichever is lower. An alternative quotation must be provided by the customer before work has been undertaken by the Ford Authorised Repairer (AR), in which case the lower price will be matched, providing the customer produces a written quotation for an identical job, including genuine Ford-supplied parts, from a repairer who is subscribed to the SIMI Code of Practice. In all cases, the Ford AR reserves the right to check and validate the qualifying quotation and to refuse any claims under this programme which they reasonably believe do not meet the eligibility conditions. "
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Does anyone know can you use it on a car that isn't 5 years old yet? Is it a full service? It seems a little light on detail. I've emailed a local Ford dealership to see what they say, as I'm due a service soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Ford Motorcraft 5+ Service
    Following a Ford Motorcraft 5+ Service, your car will leave our workshops filled with Ford specification oil and genuine Ford parts and a cabin or air filler replacement, which provides instant protection the minute you switch on the engine. With the right oil and oil filter, your car will continue to run at its peak for longer.

Whoever wrote that should be sacked. Its an appalling description of the service.

I've deciphered it to mean an oil and filter change with a choice of either an air filter or cabin filter replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Funky_Corsa

"As part of the Ford Motorcraft 5+ Service should you agree to have all repairs carried out resulting from the Ford Motorcraft 5+ Service health check, and your car subsequently fails the NCT test within three months of the repairs, your Ford Dealership will cover the cost of the NCT re-test. The value of the re-test will be deducted from the total bill once the value of repairs is in excess of €100. To qualify for the Ford Motorcraft 5+ Service, the actual test must be carried out within 3 months of the repairs being undertaken by the dealership and a copy of the failure sheet must be presented to the Ford Dealership in full. "

They will find loads of issues with your car that will double the price of the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

"As part of the Ford Motorcraft 5+ Service should you agree to have all repairs carried out resulting from the Ford Motorcraft 5+ Service health check, and your car subsequently fails the NCT test within three months of the repairs, your Ford Dealership will cover the cost of the NCT re-test. The value of the re-test will be deducted from the total bill once the value of repairs is in excess of €100. To qualify for the Ford Motorcraft 5+ Service, the actual test must be carried out within 3 months of the repairs being undertaken by the dealership and a copy of the failure sheet must be presented to the Ford Dealership in full. "

They will find loads of issues with your car that will double the price of the service.

To which you can decline them. They aren't terrorists!

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Had 3 different ford cars serviced at ford dealerships over the years and am only sorry it took me 3 cars and many services later to realise that getting your car serviced by a main dealer is not always the best thing.
    One car went in for a service pre nct and when collecting it I was told it need nearly £800 more work on various faults before it would pass.
    I declined and brought it for test anyway and it passed
    2nd car went for service and when they repaced the pollen filter I was left with a leak where the seal between front windscreen and frame was then damaged and this resulted in the inside of car and my blower fan getting flooded with water. been oblivious to the reason for the leak at the time, thinking it was unrelated to the service the weeks earlier I was given some other reason for the leak and charged for a repair that did not last long.
    Then took it to a different ford main dealer and the mechanics there after inspection explained the real reason for the leak blaming the cowboys who had repaced the pollen filter. (not knowing that it had been done a different ford dealer)
    Loads of other smaller events like this over the years before I copped on.
    I now bring it to a local mechanic who has his own little business and I feel I can trust his work and his words

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Berberis wrote: »
    Had 3 different ford cars serviced at ford dealerships over the years and am only sorry it took me 3 cars and many services later to realise that getting your car serviced by a main dealer is not always the best thing.
    One car went in for a service pre nct and when collecting it I was told it need nearly £800 more work on various faults before it would pass.
    I declined and brought it for test anyway and it passed
    2nd car went for service and when they repaced the pollen filter I was left with a leak where the seal between front windscreen and frame was then damaged and this resulted in the inside of car and my blower fan getting flooded with water. been oblivious to the reason for the leak at the time, thinking it was unrelated to the service the weeks earlier I was given some other reason for the leak and charged for a repair that did not last long.
    Then took it to a different ford main dealer and the mechanics there after inspection explained the real reason for the leak blaming the cowboys who had repaced the pollen filter. (not knowing that it had been done a different ford dealer)
    Loads of other smaller events like this over the years before I copped on.
    I now bring it to a local mechanic who has his own little business and I feel I can trust his work and his words

pretty much what happened to me. Got a great mechanic now

Advertisement