Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elephone P8 Battery issues and other assorted disasters

Options
  • 23-09-2014 9:58am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭

My lovely Elephone P8 is going well but the battery life is appalling.
    Seems the Mobile Standby is eating up more than it should.
    I've tried switching to 3G only but I just wind up unable to make calls.
    Is this an issue of the hardware, is it something an OS update might fix or is there something else I might do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

What's the Keep Awake time under Android OS?

ics_battery_001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭vulmac

I had the same problem with a Samsung S3. I mislaid my plug in the wall socket charger. I plugged the phone into the usb of my computer overnight. The difference was remarkable. The following night at 21'oo hours the phone was at 60%. Prior to that I was lucky to get a day from a charge .The same worked for my brother who has the same phone and had the same problem.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

advertsfox wrote: »
    What's the Keep Awake time under Android OS?

ics_battery_001.jpg

CPU total reads as 15m 48s
    Keep awake reads as 2m 52s

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mobile Radio continues to gobble power
    After 3hrs 41 mins off 100% charge it's down to 68%, with 25% of that going to the mobile standby and 25% going to Wifi.
    Typically the screen is the big eater of power but, in this instance, it's only used up 11% of the available power.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I think you may just have poor coverage. If you're in a poor coverage area, your phone will constantly search for a better mast to connect to. I have the same problem. Half our work place is a complete black spot for mobile coverage. Unfortunately, I have to go to between the good coverage part and the bad coverage part a lot so my phone probably spends a lot of time searching for a mast. Mobile standby usually takes up about 30%, right now it's at 42%. On days off it's a lot lower. I can't remember what but I think it's under 10%.

According to the battery usage an awful lot of time seems to be spent with the yellow/green status, indicating that my local phone signal is, indeed, utter sh1te.
    My mobile standby is now at 25% with 20% battery left, having unplugged from 100% charge some 7 and a half hours ago.
    Bugger!

Meteor probably have a lot to answer for in this matter, as they have pretty lousy coverage.

Luckily I have access to charging points so that's ok.

Also, despite recalibrating my proximity sensor the screen is only switching off momentarily during calls, before popping back on and my ear lobe going ahead and messing with my settings while I order a Chinese (with an Elephone, tech with a sense of irony!)
    Any ideas how to fix this issue?
    The phone settings for altering the screen behaviour seems to be missing, I have looked in the settings of the phone app to no avail, and I can't find the call settings in the main settings menu.

Most things seem to be figured now.
    Battery life much improved.
    Screen is gorgeous.
    With Google Now as launcher its smooth and reliable.
    But I think its not for me :(

Going to sell it on, go for something cheap and vanilla instead.

I have it on Adverts if anyone is interested.
    An S View cover is on the way as well, so I can forward that to a buyer as well

Advertisement