Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do I need to start selling skincare products at markets

Options
  • 22-09-2014 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone
    I'm new to boards.ie and I'm in need of some advice
    I really hope someone can help me as I'm quite unsure in regards to the following topic.

Well basically I make my own skincare products mainly bath melts bath bombs and shower gels but I also make my own body moisturisers and I have also turned my hand to making candles.
    Everything I make is handmade at home and I mostly just give everything I make away to my family and friends for Christmas and Birthday's etc.
    But I want to maybe start branching out in selling what I make mainly online but I also would like to sell in markets and craft fairs etc.
    But I was just wondering what would I need to start selling in markets etc in terms of licenses or insurance etc?
    And would I need to have a license or have an inspector come into my home to check where I make my products for hygiene standards?
    Also I don't know if this is even true but someone was telling me in order to sell my products I'd need to register with the National Arts And Crafts association of Ireland or something now I don't know if they are having me on or not but I'd appreciate if someone could let me know also?

Thanks for your help and I'm sorry if this in the wrong place

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭TreasureBin

Since no-one has come back to you with specific advice, I'll tell you what I think (but I stand to be corrected!)

I'm pretty sure you don't have to register with the crafts association, but you might like to register with the Crafts Council of Ireland and similar bodies, in order to promote your range.
    I have a friend who sold skincare products she made at home and she did have to get an inspector for hygiene, and your labels would need to show ingredients (particularly any allergens).
    You should get insurance for product liability (and maybe personal liability). Contact your existing insurer (home/car?) to see if they can advise. Or check out www.mast.ie
    The licence should be held by the market organiser - check that with them. I think you'd only need your own licence if you're selling independently, in your own venue (not as part of a group of sellers).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CraftyRach123

Hi thank you very much getting back to me and for your help I will look into everything you mentioned thanks so much again

Advertisement