Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

May I volunteer please? (nature/outside/organic farming)

Options
  • 22-09-2014 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

My name is Jim and need to do work experience for LCVP but would also love to do a outside/nature type of volunteering/experience anyway.
    May I please ask how would I go by volunteering? which one would be most easy to go to daily?or to camp?etc.

Interest:
    - Working outside/Nature/Organic type farming.
    - In general I would fully commit myself to whatever it is and fully adapt and do my best and do extra. All I can.

---
    May I please ask is there something similar to wwoof for example?. Or things like wwoof?would wwoof be good to do?. And in general just overall in Ireland things like wwoof.

Would you have any idea please?.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Lalealynn

Hi,

My name is Jim and need to do work experience for LCVP but would also love to do a outside/nature type of volunteering/experience anyway.
    May I please ask how would I go by volunteering? which one would be most easy to go to daily?or to camp?etc.

Interest:
    - Working outside/Nature/Organic type farming.
    - In general I would fully commit myself to whatever it is and fully adapt and do my best and do extra. All I can.

---
    May I please ask is there something similar to wwoof for example?. Or things like wwoof?would wwoof be good to do?. And in general just overall in Ireland things like wwoof.

Would you have any idea please?.

Thank you.

I tried wwoof. A long time ago just for a summer. Placements are individual. I did find volunteering on a farm a little monotonous. But if you can do that it's fine.

If they are providing your living conditions they may not always be ideal.

WWOOF.IE has a notice board and a forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sor84

Hiya,
    the Irish Aid volunteering fair is happening this weekend in Dublin castle. It's normally a good chance to find out loads of volunteering opportunities overseas. all kinds of organisations there with different placements. or you can follow #volops - lots of opportunities advertised there.

Good Luck!

Advertisement