Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printing Press / 2nd Hand Bookshop

Options
  • 22-09-2014 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Are these still the same thing? I know these were the same thing last year, but the msu website has them as two separate services.

Also, when will they be open, went by today to print and they were all closed up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Xscreamokidx

There's a 2nd hand bookshop?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Will55555

LisaNiChon - Sorry I have no idea when they will be open. Both are located in the same room alright.

Xscreamokidx - To find the 2nd hand bookshop go in the main entrance of the S.U. and turn right. It should be on your right but it doesn't seem to be open yet. It's only a small room so they don't keep the books in there but they will check their database for any books you're looking for. They sell hoodies in there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Ace of Hearts

I was talking to someone earlier in the week who informed me that the printing press in the SU building will be open next week (think they're sorting it out with new printers/ PCs or something like that, hence the delay). I also believe that printing costs are cheaper than the library, not fully sure about that though. I don't know anything about the 2nd hand bookshop but I did see plenty of adverts on the notice boards in the John Hume building and in the Arts block from students selling 2nd hand books.

Yeah it's 5c a print in the Printing Press, 8c in the library.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I was told by the actualy bookshop that they don't think the SU is running a second hard bookshop after the one last year completely failed. Which was because of it's location rather than the idea of it. If it got a good location it would be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 LisaNiChon

It didn't fail because of the location, it was just no one knew it existed. I had to post here to ask because I spent my time explaining to people I know that this was how it was done last year.

Advertisement