Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no funds for bank fees

Options
  • 22-09-2014 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

HI My bank fees are due to come out on Friday.I will not have money to meet until couple of weeks.will this affect my credit rating etc?
    Post edited by Jim2007 on

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It won't appear on your credit rating with the ICB, but obviously it'll be visible on the banks internal systems and it is possible it may affect applications for products with that institution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

That happened me twice previously when the accounts were not in use all that happened was they were closed it has no impact on your credit rating

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I'm not aware of any bad effects of this .

Your account will go minus and stay that way until you deposit .

If its a regular account surely the fees won't be more than around €60 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fire_man

Ya fees only about 50e.paid a few days later so should be ok.Thanks for replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

fire_man wrote: »
    Ya fees only about 50e.paid a few days later so should be ok.Thanks for replies.

Only 50 EUR!? Per quarter!? Time to switch to Permo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭SBarrett

fire_man wrote: »
    HI My bank fees are due to come out on Friday.I will not have money to meet until couple of weeks.will this affect my credit rating etc?

It won't effect your credit rating as the ICB keeps records of loans and this is not a loan.

Mortgage underwriters will request a years bank statements though and will note that you missed a payment. Obviously, you're bank balance is fairly low at the moment and will be for a few weeks so they will question whether you are living within your means and if you can afford the extra burden of mortgage repayments. Underwriters like to see savers.

Steven

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eddie de eagle

Hi, I have an An Post Money Current that I don't want any more, if I let the balance go to zero and do nothing, will they just close the account or would bank charges accumulate?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭POBox19

Most likely they'll continue to charge the fees as they become due. Just because the balance is zero does not tell them that you have closed the a/c. Talk to them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

You signed a contract and as an adult you can expect to be held to that contract. If you want to close your account then follow the procedures set out in the terms and conditions of the contract you agreed to, otherwise expect to have to pay fees and penalties.

MOD: Do not resurrect old dead threads like this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement