Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could replace only one of the WWE commentators who would it be?

Options
  • 22-09-2014 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭

I dunno myself as they are all awful in their own little ways. :o

Which stale WWE commentator would you like never to hear from again? 52 votes

JBL
    0%
    Lawler
    13%
    Rjd2Machismo FanStereomaniaceass82deano546montyrebelblackwhite 7 votes
    Cole.
    86%
    wintearD-FENSrichie.cCastorTroyFirewalkwithmepaconnorsHerculeslicus ricusReganio 2spiritcrusherInsect OverlordMoneymakerglenjaminEndaaaaghD.QceegeeGarseysZemuppetRidleyMoist Bread 45 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,860 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Cole.
    Guess it's gotta be Lawler

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Cole. Part of me still believes Lawler could be not awful if he had JR back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Cole.
    Lawler. He is irredeemably bad and has been for close to 10 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

Cole.
    Lawler ... don't think he's particularly bad,but at this stage, time for him to move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Cole.
    All 3 of them have been super annoying as of late but it was a tough call between Cole and Lawler. I wish they'd all take their bottles of Diet Dew, shine them up real nice, turn them sideways and etc...

The should bring Renee up to Raw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Lawler
    I've had no time for JBL since he returned. He just grates on me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Renee Young

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

King

Heel King on commentary was awesome, but face King commentating today's product just doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,860 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Cole.
    All 3 of them have been super annoying as of late but it was a tough call between Cole and Lawler. I wish they'd all take their bottles of Diet Dew, shine them up real nice, turn them sideways and etc...

The should bring Renee up to Raw

No god no, she is so annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Cole.
    Replace King with Regal and JBL with Tom Phillips and ill be happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Cole, smug little, I'd better not say. Would love Regal to be commentating on Raw along with Foley, my dream team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Better yet just replace the guys directing them. They are force fed everything to say, not their fault! Let them be themselves . An Angry JBL is awesome, a heel King awesome and cole, well he really really sucks

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Easy! Cole with JR. JBL playing off him would be far more tolerable, as he wouldn't walk over JR like he does Cole. Jerry might even pretend to take a passing interest in current wrestling too.

Not enticed with Renee Young as her commentary on the latest NXT special had a fair share of Michael Cole shill lines "that's the greatest moment of my life, seeing the bucket on his head" etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Renee is good at a lot of thing but commentary isn't one of them. I wouldn't put her anywhere near it.

Ideally, I'd get rid of both Lawler and JBL to return to a two man team. Not sure who to replace them with but I'd keep Cole. He has proven in the past to be very good. Shockingly, he and Taz made a great combo. He was very good with JBL too but JBL has since become dreadful.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lawler isn't the cause of the problem he just doesn't add a lot these days.

Cole is supposed to be the play by play guy while JBL is the colour commentator and tbh my main gripe these days is there is no play by play really just "story telling" from the 3 guys which usually takes away from the in ring action.

JR used to do the complete opposite and majorly add to it and add emphasis to whats going on and in doing so put the performers over more so. For that reason I would 100% replace Cole although the problem is I think Michael Cole is 50% Vince as half the time he is just pushing the product in its different forms, talking about Total Divas, Mountain Dew etc and would however replaces him be able to do what we want them to do and not become another Michael Cole and supplying his Vince lines

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Get rid of Cole. Bring back the 3 man team of Vince, JR and King. Golden days.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Cole.
    Well the Smackdown team is 3 men without King, if you want an idea of what that would be like.

I'd like to hear how they are when they're doing their job on their own without having to sell anything but the match in front of them.

We hear on NXT how it could be where they call the match and make all competitors sound good.

Unfortunately now it's like The Truman Show when Truman's wife kept randomly advertising products.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

gerrybbadd wrote: »

That would be mad! I'd love to see that, Vince doing a complete face turn and pops up on commentary. Vince as the face, King as the heel and JR as the play-by-play would still be a billion times better than whats there now.

Because I'm a casual viewer, the product still doesn't feel the same without JR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Cole.
    Can’t believe there is a debate on it to be honest, Lawler was always shocking in my view, the only reason it went largely unnoticed for years is because JR was so good as acting hilariously appalled by his heel comments, which usually consisted of a 1970’s, working man’s club comedian style, sexist comment or crap joke at the face’s expense. Their chemistry was purely down to Ross in my view.
    Horrible voice, especially that high pitched yelp he gives for high spots and a truly shocking collection of aul lad T Shirts. And the constant threat for years of him climbing back in the ring and ruining a young heel’s buzz in seconds, but at least that appears to be gone thanks to his recent health problems (Which I don’t wish on him by the way).
    Cole is annoying and JBL has gone to f*ck as well really, but he makes them look like Heenan and Monsoon.
    Can’t stand him

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Insideandout

Cole.
    As much as I love most of Kings work, it just seems like it's time to retire from announcing for him. The only replacement that comes to mind is William Regal, who's work is pretty awesome.

I also wouldn't mind getting Cole and JBL off SD! and replacing them with a new 3 man team, once a week is more than enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Cole.
    I thought Michael Cole & JBL had good chemistry with each other back in 2006-2007.

I would get rid of JBL and Lawler, go back to two man team and Cole works with a younger commentator such as Byron Saxton (just throwing out a name) on both RAW and Smackdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

they should give Punk a big fat paycheck to come back to do commentary on RAW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Bring back Joey Styles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Lawler isn't the cause of the problem he just doesn't add a lot these days.

Cole is supposed to be the play by play guy while JBL is the colour commentator and tbh my main gripe these days is there is no play by play really just "story telling" from the 3 guys which usually takes away from the in ring action.

JR used to do the complete opposite and majorly add to it and add emphasis to whats going on and in doing so put the performers over more so. For that reason I would 100% replace Cole although the problem is I think Michael Cole is 50% Vince as half the time he is just pushing the product in its different forms, talking about Total Divas, Mountain Dew etc and would however replaces him be able to do what we want them to do and not become another Michael Cole and supplying his Vince lines

Joey Styles agrees

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Cole.
    I'd say get rid of Lawler (much like Big Show his best days are behind him, hell Lawler in my opinion suffered when J.R was drafted to SMACKDOWN), and put Paul Heyman in Lawler's place, i'm sure Paul Heyman doesn't do much when Brock is M.I.A.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Cole.
    I'm absolutely mystified that anybody could vote for anybody other than Lawlor. He is dreadful and completely worthless in terms of what he brings to the table these days. I think Cole is actually under-rated by now, I feel that he had so much heat as a heel commentator that some people will never get past it. JBL, for me, is fine when not actually acting the maggot (if anything his greatest flaw is that he makes all too credible excuses for the heels he defends at times).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Bring back Schiavone the voice of the 90s lol. Himself Dusty and Bobby Heenan were great compared to what we listen to today. I've being rewatching PPV's from that time recently and it's a hoot, they let Dusty go so far with his gibberish and then rip the the piss out of him.

Heenan especially goes for the kill, he would have made a great stand up comedian in his day, the guy oozed charisma.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Vince was terrible and if he was back for six months the nostalgia would wear off and people would want rid of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Motion118

Cole.
    I don't think replacing Cole would reduce any of the problems WWE are having with their commentary. Everything that Cole says these days is fed directly by Vince himself, so I think it's unfair to criticize him given the position he's in.

If they replaced Cole tomorrow with Todd Phillips you'd get the exact same commentator. And the same goes for Renee, Saxton or whoever else they're grooming right now to be future commentators on Raw. They're all the same.

I'd get rid of Lawler for the simple fact that he doesn't add anything to the commentary team. Cole and JBL have more specific jobs as announcers, Lawler just kinds of buts in with lame jokes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement