Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S4 touch screen "strange" issue & Android 4.4 query

Options
  • 22-09-2014 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I recently purchased a used S4 which had just had the screen replaced. Everything with the phone seems to be running quick and smoothly with the one exception....

When I tap and hold an icon to move it around, it goes straight into the app rather than allowing me to move it around or remove it. It seems very sensitive to touch.

Has anyone come across something like this before? I'm bringing it back to the guy I bought it from today anyway as I'm not happy about it needless to say.

Also the phone is still on 4.3 and says it's the latest update yet all other S4s have at least 4.4.2. It's an original Vodafone locked phone which is now unlocked. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

You could try attaching it to a PC and using Samsung Kies to install the latest update to 4.4.2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Try to adjust the sensitivity in display settings.
    322979.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Will try both of those options later (for the android update and sensitivity) Thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Colemania wrote: »
    Will try both of those options later (for the android update and sensitivity) Thanks!

You should be able to do the update over wi-fi without having to plug into pc...

Doom wrote: »
    You should be able to do the update over wi-fi without having to plug into pc...

Ya that's what I thought hence why I asked... Strange one alright

• Advertisement

Update on this. Tried the sensitivity fix and did nothing. Will have to give it back this evening anyway

Update on this. Tried the sensitivity fix and did nothing. Will have to give it back this evening anyway

Update no. 2. Turns out the sensitivity issue fixed itself to my embarrassment of the guy in the phone repair shop...... :o

I also updated the phone using Kies and I am now on 4.4.2 and have 4G!

Now I have a problem whereby it says SIM card has been removed. Restart phone......etc

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

I had to do a factory wipe after going 4.4.2
    Old apps had more permission's from 4.3 than 4.4.2 would allow.
    Might resolve the issue and clear out any 4.3 clutter to.

>Sol

akaSol wrote: »
    I had to do a factory wipe after going 4.4.2
    Old apps had more permission's from 4.3 than 4.4.2 would allow.
    Might resolve the issue and clear out any 4.3 clutter to.

>Sol

Might try this later. Have got a new sim card in the mean time so we'll see how that goes.

I had backed up all the apks from my Nexus 4 a few months back which was on 4.4.4 at the time and I copied these on to the s4 yesterday while it was on 4.3. Would this have caused the sim issue? i didn't have this problem until 11:30pm last night and i had been using it from about 6:30pm onwards.

Advertisement