Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

history of android os

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I remember waiting for 2.2 for Flash and WiFi hotspot, but not much before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Here's something a bit more in depth if that link gets you interested.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/06/building-android-a-40000-word-history-of-googles-mobile-os/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I remember updating from 1.6 to 2.1 and the jump was huge, was like having a new phone. Don't think any other update for a phone has ever felt like such a jump for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,724 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

For me the biggest update was from gingerbread to ice cream sandwich. Wasn't on anything before that.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭droidman123

For me the biggest update was from gingerbread to ice cream sandwich. Wasn't on anything before that.

same here, gingerbread was my first android, before that I was on the old nokia Symbian for years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement