Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elements of web pages missing in Chrome

Options
  • 21-09-2014 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm running Win 7 Pro 64 bit and recently, on Facebook and Ebay, bits of the pages don't show up.

This started first with IE but it's not also happening with Chrome.

On ebay, parts of the search suggestions don't appear and when the search comes back, the prices don't show up. (sample1, sample2).

On Facebook, the blue buttons come up blank (sample3).

Anyone have any suggestions to explain what's going on?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

I know I got no replies to this but just to prove I'm not bitter :) - here's the solution I came across.

Very simple - just remove Helvetica. It seems it's a Type 1 font I had in there. I think I can replace it with a more modern Opentype.
    I'll see how I get on over the next few days - maybe I won't have to do anything else.

Hi

I'm running Win 7 Pro 64 bit and recently, on Facebook and Ebay, bits of the pages don't show up.

This started first with IE but it's not also happening with Chrome.

On ebay, parts of the search suggestions don't appear and when the search comes back, the prices don't show up. (sample1, sample2).

On Facebook, the blue buttons come up blank (sample3).

Anyone have any suggestions to explain what's going on?

TIA

Advertisement