Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kimmage Parish

Options
  • 21-09-2014 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi just wondering if any1 cud tell me what parish ravensdale in kimmage is in. Also trying to figure what schools r open to us if we move there. Much appreciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I don't know, but you can find schools here: http://www.education.ie/en/Find-a-School/ - check D6, D6W and D12.

Parish tends to only be an issue if the schools are over-subscribed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Ravensdale Close, Drive, Park & Grove are all in Mount Argus Parish.

There aren't any primary schools in that actual parish so you'd be looking at the surrounding parishes, which would have their own particular enrolment polices as regards priorty e.g. living in parish/catchment area, living outside parish (but close to it) that has no parish school of it's own, siblings already in the school, children of past pupils etc.

Apart from the schools that you probably already know about in surrounding area e.g. Harold's Cross NS, St Josephs Terenure, Presentation Terenure, Pius X, St Claires try a bit further afield St Pauls Greenhills & St Peters Greenhills (rumour has it that they are both amalgamating so must be short on numbers), or St Damiens

Check the school websites for enrolment policies or contact numbers to enquire further about their catchment areas/enrolment policies/waiting lists etc. Keep in mind during your decision making whether the school you choose also has a secondary school to save more bother further down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Hools

Tks for the replies it seems we wud b parish less for primary schools. It kinda puts me off moving to the area. What schools would b rated the best and what r the secondary feeder schools for the primary schools mentioned? Sorry kinda clueless on the area

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Hi Hools, Welcome to Boards.

A reminder that 'txt speak' is not tolerated on boards and we would ask that you post using full English. It makes it easier for people to read your posts and therefore easier for them to help you. I would also suggest that you read the forum charter located at the top of every forum.

Thanks.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement