Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chromecast issues

Options
  • 21-09-2014 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

I have just brought a chromecast and installed it yesterday.

When watching movies I noticed that the picture quality was not good and very choppy on the tv dispite it being perfect on my pc.

Have apple tv also and always found picture quality and audio perfect.

Is this normal for chromecast? Is it just inferior to apple tv or is there something i can do to improve it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,242 ✭✭✭corkie

monkey8 wrote: »
    I have just brought a chromecast and installed it yesterday.

When watching movies I noticed that the picture quality was not good and very choppy on the tv dispite it being perfect on my pc.

Have apple tv also and always found picture quality and audio perfect.

Is this normal for chromecast? Is it just inferior to apple tv or is there something i can do to improve it?

What are you trying to cast?

Tab casting/Screen casting from chrome can give poor performance.

But there is apps and chrome extensions that you can use to get better performance.

See the main thread on chromecast for links and tips.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ EU Digital ID ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Don't think it's s limitation of the Chromecast, more so how you're trying to cast or your network connection? Netflix, YouTube and others give me smooth HD.

Advertisement