Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Coolest' bar in Carlow?

Options
  • 21-09-2014 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭

Okay, moved back to Carlow recently after 12 years away. What's the cool 'hip' spot in town? Cool, in the, 'Not many students and you don't feel old because you're 30' way?

Tried the TBA pop up on Dublin St on Friday, my kind of spot, except there were 4 other people there... So, essentially, are there any Hipster-type bars around?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭personaltrainer

Barracks, Terrace and Med Bar. Im 30 and I love the barracks on a sunday night and the terrace any other night. not a fan of the med as they up their drinks prices at certain times!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭tom traubert

10629828_686448078115097_2362061647293099088_n.jpg?oh=1881101eebdd04bd23a14d2ad2dad45d&oe=54909A1A

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭tom traubert

:D, But seriously, you're thirty? It's all about tapas now, and Carpe Diem. And at a minimum 2 or 3 visits to The Tavern annually, just to learn how to give out properly about how it used to be back in the old days.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

:D, But seriously, you're thirty? It's all about tapas now, and Carpe Diem. And at a minimum 2 or 3 visits to The Tavern annually, just to learn how to give out properly about how it used to be back in the old days.
    Dont tell me they've changed the tavern?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭fits

Barracks, Terrace and Med Bar. Im 30 and I love the barracks on a sunday night and the terrace any other night. not a fan of the med as they up their drinks prices at certain times!!! :)

Eh somehow I don't think that's what op is looking for.

Formenti is a cool place to hang out for lunch and they open the odd evening for music and food. TBA pop up would be fab but it only opens occasionally. Generally Carlow fares poorly for bars and food :(

If younfancy something a little different theres a rural film fest in south Carlow, early november

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I'm trying to plug into the local arts and events scene at the moment, would love to get involved with some of the funky stuff that seems to be happening!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

brianblaze wrote: »
    Okay, moved back to Carlow recently after 12 years away. What's the cool 'hip' spot in town? Cool, in the, 'Not many students and you don't feel old because you're 30' way?

Tried the TBA pop up on Dublin St on Friday, my kind of spot, except there were 4 other people there... So, essentially, are there any Hipster-type bars around?

Where's this place (pop up), is it cafe formenti?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Where's this place (pop up), is it cafe formenti?
    https://www.facebook.com/TBAPopUp

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

brianblaze wrote: »
    So, essentially, are there any Hipster-type bars around?

There are...but you've obviously never heard of them.

Advertisement