Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Batteries in wireless system ?

Options
  • 21-09-2014 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

Have a Visonic wireless alarm in our house about 17/18 months. Had been told by installer we should get 2yrs out of batteries but getting a warning on it that batteries on a window sensor in one room is low.

Can these batteries be changed by me or do I need to get alarm company(not monitored) out to change them. If I have to get them to do it would I be better to change all the batteries rather then call them out each time ?

Wondering how much batteries normally cost for these wireless systems ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Seq uence

Visonic batteries generally last 2 to 3 years I find. You can change them yourself. If you are doing so I would recommend changing them all together. If you have any PIR detectors ensure the LED link is off. This will increase battery life.
    Batterys can vary in price from €2 to €10 depending on your place of purchase. Bear in mind Visonic use 3 different batterys for their various detectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

For your own good OP, please use either Panasonic or Duracell batteries. I heard of a scary incident earlier involving cheap batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

It was flashing 2 days and now seems to have stopped. Thinking maybe a blind knocked sensor .
    Thanks for replies hope it will be ok for another while.

Advertisement