Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer at the Ploughing Championship

Options
  • 21-09-2014 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Does anyone know of any breweries that will have a stall at the ploughing championships next week?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭bigtomm

" Pretty cut " Brewery will apparently have a stall this year. . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Drinking isn't a major feature of the ploughing, it's not like a country race meeting like Roscommon or Kilbeggan where the bar would be doing a roaring trade all day. I was at the event last year and the bars were tucked away in corners where you'd barely notice them, I'm surprised that any brewery would bother taking a stall/stand at the event.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

There'll be a craft beer tent at PJ Kavangh's in Portlaoise with beer from White Gypsy, Eight Degrees, Bo Bristle, Independent and Black Donkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

I believe that Bulmers have control over the drinks this year and was told that you wont be able to buy other beers at the bars............. I'll know tomorrow!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Got my wires crossed above. PJ Kavanagh's are running an actual beer tent on-site, with Irish craft beer bars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

Back from a great day at the ploughing. There was a craft beer tent on site with 8 degrees, bo bristle white gypsy and a couple more on tap. I also found 2 stalls handing out free samples Wicklow brewery and Jack Doyle (I liked the Weiss beer from Wicklow and Doyle'a stout) . I will be back next year with a designated driver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 psychotic tantrum

slowharry wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any breweries that will have a stall at the ploughing championships next week?
    lots and lots will have stalls set up
    in fact next year the ploughing will be done else where while breweries will set up stalls
    for the first ever beer drinking championships

Advertisement