Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

First car advise (cheap car with cheap insurance?)

Options
  • 21-09-2014 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has any advise on what is a good first car (that's pretty cheap... with cheap insurance also :P ) Any tips or advise welcome :)

Looking for a car with a pretty small engine size that is also cheap to run ( maybe 1.6 or less ) preferably a hatchback.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Daewoo Matiz.

Insurance is never specific.

I got a BMW 320ci as my first car and it was cheaper to insure than a Bora 1.4 because fcuk logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 xXGhostFartXx

Sobanek wrote: »
    Daewoo Matiz.

Insurance is never specific.

I got a BMW 320ci as my first car and it was cheaper to insure than a Bora 1.4 because fcuk logic.

looks like a nice car :) but it is a 2.2 so i probably wont be able to afford to keep it running :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What sort of budget do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 xXGhostFartXx

Its not set in stone but id say about 1500 max for the car alone

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fmcg_scribe

looks like a nice car :) but it is a 2.2 so i probably wont be able to afford to keep it running :'(

My first car was a BMW 316. I was in my mid-thirties and the first year of car insurance was rough because I was on a provisional licence and had no NCB built up on other cars. Obviously, if I had bought a 1,000 cc or less car, life would have been easier. I was advised by brokers that engine size rather than make and model was the cause of my high premium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Martinet76

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has any advise on what is a good first car (that's pretty cheap... with cheap insurance also :P ) Any tips or advise welcome :)

Looking for a car with a pretty small engine size that is also cheap to run ( maybe 1.6 or less ) preferably a hatchback.

Anything over a 08 cheap to run ford fousc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Ford Fiesta, Renault Clio, Toyota Yaris, Nissan Micra etc. You won't really go far wrong with any of them.

Advertisement