Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCIe Lane Issue

Options
  • 20-09-2014 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,031 ✭✭✭✭

I think its the last time I ever buy anything from Overclockers again

I have now gone through 2 MSI Z97 XPower AC motherboards because of faults. 1 being bent pins on the usb3 connection and the other one now with a faulty PCIe lane.

The manual suggests to use lane 2 if the user is using 1 GPU. Iv done this and the motherboard doesnt even recognise it. I tried it in another lane and works grand.

Iv looked through the BIOS setings numerous times and nothing stands out. PEG is selected and gen3 is selected. Nothings not really more I can see which would effect it but since it works in another lane, it has to be a motherboard issue.

Anyone have any idea's am I missing anything.

Regards,

Padraig.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Cant help, but i think its a bit hasty to blame overclockers for manufacturer faults

• Registered Users Posts: 54,031 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Cant help, but i think its a bit hasty to blame overclockers for manufacturer faults

At the end of the day its the retailer that takes responsibility for faulty goods

Getting back to the fault. The strange thing, that if I try my GPU in the other slots 3 and 4. I get a picture but it stops booting up after the bios screen. Theres just a _ at the top of the screen

Advertisement