Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fifth year study

Options
  • 20-09-2014 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

hi I just wanted to start this thread to see how much study fifth Years should do and how nuch homework should take everynight ? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

I go to after school study everyday where I study for 2 hours and then I do my homework for an hour or two when I get home. On the weekend I just kinda do my homework.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

When I was in 5th year, I basically just did my homework every night, learned for class-tests, handed all my essays/projects in on time and then gave myself a month beforehand to study for the Christmas/ Summer exams.

I'm trying to think of others things I did but that's really just it! And its enough certainly for 5th year.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LauraaWhelann

I did two hours study and homework after every weeknight and a few hours on a Saturday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

I did two hours study and homework after every weeknight and a few hours on a Saturday :)

How many hours of study did you do on saturday not including homework? Did you do anything on a friday evening or Sunday? Did you do after school study or go to a library? Because I cant study at home with all the distractions eg.younger sisters!!! Where did you leave you phone I leave it in my room and I cant help it when I hear a notification sound haha!!! I currently want to get 570 for medicine in the leaving so I think I have to start now....

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LauraaWhelann

coolerboy wrote: »
    How many hours of study did you do on saturday not including homework? Did you do anything on a friday evening or Sunday? Did you do after school study or go to a library? Because I cant study at home with all the distractions eg.younger sisters!!! Where did you leave you phone I leave it in my room and I cant help it when I hear a notification sound haha!!! I currently want to get 570 for medicine in the leaving so I think I have to start now....

All my homework was done on a friday, so on Saturday I did 5 hours study. I went to the library from 10-4with an hours break :) like I said on Fridays I did my homework anyway.. Found it really hard to study on a Friday so i often just did my homework and maybe an hours study.. Never did a tap on a Sunday and I think that's the best thing I did because you really need that day to yourself bad to let your brain rest..
    I did supervised study from 4-6 everyday and my own study from 7-9 at home. I was lucky because none of my siblings lived at home so I had the place to myself!
    I left my phone in any room where I wasn't studying.. You will get NOTHING done with a phone near you it just distracts you way too much. If it's really that bad just turn it off and give it to your parents. You'll eventually be glad of the sacrifice you made!
    Go for it, seriously just put all your heart and soul into it and I guarantee the hard work will pay off. I really doubted myself in fifth year and I gave up my hope of medicine because I didn't want people to see me not get it so I just didn't try. I really thought I'd never get the points but I ended up with 595 and I'm going to apply for medicine this year :) so just give it your all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Do your homework and listen in class and you'll do just fine.

All my homework was done on a friday, so on Saturday I did 5 hours study. I went to the library from 10-4with an hours break :) like I said on Fridays I did my homework anyway.. Found it really hard to study on a Friday so i often just did my homework and maybe an hours study.. Never did a tap on a Sunday and I think that's the best thing I did because you really need that day to yourself bad to let your brain rest..
    I did supervised study from 4-6 everyday and my own study from 7-9 at home. I was lucky because none of my siblings lived at home so I had the place to myself!
    I left my phone in any room where I wasn't studying.. You will get NOTHING done with a phone near you it just distracts you way too much. If it's really that bad just turn it off and give it to your parents. You'll eventually be glad of the sacrifice you made!
    Go for it, seriously just put all your heart and soul into it and I guarantee the hard work will pay off. I really doubted myself in fifth year and I gave up my hope of medicine because I didn't want people to see me not get it so I just didn't try. I really thought I'd never get the points but I ended up with 595 and I'm going to apply for medicine this year :) so just give it your all!

Thanks a mill that help a lot !!!! :)

thelad95 wrote: »
    Do your homework and listen in class and you'll do just fine.

Haha did you do any extra study in fifth year ??? :)

Advertisement