Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 20th Sept

Options
  • 20-09-2014 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭

1.50 Newbury -- GLORIOUS PROTECTOR

Have had my eye on this horse since it won about a month ago. Step up in class but I really really really like this animal. Def think it is capable of beating the 2 market leaders. Hillstar will prob grab 2nd or 3rd once again.

It is my bet of the day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Hill star my bet of the day in the same race. 100/30 I got him more of a 9/4 shot should be clear fav back up in trip.

Don't think there is anything ungenuine about him despite all the seconds. Was never going to beat Telescope but he was still ridden poorly the bird had flown by the time Frankie got him out, multiple winner Pethers Moon comfortably held. Lost nothing in defeat when pulling clear with Brown Panther in May on unsuitable ground, and 10 furlongs isn't his trip but was still beaten by a well touted Amralah

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Ainippe very unlucky there. Got no run at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

1.50 Newbury -- GLORIOUS PROTECTOR

Have had my eye on this horse since it won about a month ago. Step up in class but I really really really like this animal. Def think it is capable of beating the 2 market leaders. Hillstar will prob grab 2nd or 3rd once again.

It is my bet of the day.

Meh, very disappointing run. Maybe the ground went seriously against him, maybe he was out of his depth. Will keep and eye on it anyway.

----

Got a phone call earlier for a horse in the 3.10 Listowel (Jansboy)

Ridiculous situation at Ayr. All you need to do is scoot up tight on the stands rail. Any horse drawn low has no chance in the Gold Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Well folks just off the phone with somebody in the know. He is a fantastic tipper.

Told me he really doesn't think this one will not place and great shout at winning, obviously tough to call a winner in such a race.

Hamza @ 25/1 EW @ 1/4 1-5
    Stake : £30.00 (£15.00 x 2)

• Advertisement

Well folks just off the phone with somebody in the know. He is a fantastic tipper.

Told me he really doesn't think this one will not place and great shout at winning, obviously tough to call a winner in such a race.

Hamza @ 25/1 EW @ 1/4 1-5
    Stake : £30.00 (£15.00 x 2)

Good luck, but it doesn't look as if the low draw is ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Incredible from the jockey, let's keep the horse by himself in the centre. pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

no daily thread all week, and 8 posts on a Saturday, looks like the unpleasantness of a couple months back has killed the forum.

R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

One for me tomorrow and is already being well supported this evening.

Plumpton 5.00
    Famousandfearless @ 9/4

One I've followed as a plot job last season and failed to deliver and got stung. Over fences tomorrow and back down in trip may do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

California Chrome comes up 5L short tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbuM4DkP1W8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

no daily thread all week, and 8 posts on a Saturday, looks like the unpleasantness of a couple months back has killed the forum.

R.I.P.

It annoys me to think how good this forum was only a few months ago, easily best horse racing forum I've come across on the net.
    And now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

R.I.P.

Yeah. Killed off because some tit acted the tit and got away with it. Worst feedback forum ever. Ban accepted.

#powertrip

And still picking up the advertising on a dead forum. Gotta love that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

R.I.P.

I wouldn't be too quick to say that. This weeks racing was pretty poor. Listowel wasn't great and the Ayr Gold Cup was the only high profile race today. There's plenty of much better race meetings in the following months- the Prix de l' Arc meeting, Champions day, Breeders Cup and the start of the jumps season. If I see poor forum input during these meetings then I would be getting worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I wouldn't be too quick to say that. This weeks racing was pretty poor. Listowel wasn't great and the Ayr Gold Cup was the only high profile race today. There's plenty of much better race meetings in the following months- the Prix de l' Arc meeting, Champions day, Breeders Cup and the start of the jumps season. If I see poor forum input during these meetings then I would be getting worried.

Wake up and smell the coffee. Its dead.

BumperD wrote: »

Is there another forum where everyone has gone to? I'd be very interested to know as while I didn't contribute a whole lot, the forum was always a great read with insightful opinions and commentary.
    With respect to those still posting, the forum feels like its had its will to live removed. Shame really.

please pm me if you don't want to post link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

TheTorment wrote: »
    Is there another forum where everyone has gone to? I'd be very interested to know as while I didn't contribute a whole lot, the forum was always a great read with insightful opinions and commentary.
    With respect to those still posting, the forum feels like its had its will to live removed. Shame really.

please pm me if you don't want to post link.

Feel the same

Have tried some of the other forums bit not up to much either.

If I am missing something someone might pm me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

BumperD wrote: »

Well if that's the case ,that's very sad. I used love the whole debate on the build up to Cheltenham as much as the festival itself. My only hope is that when the better racing starts more posters might return.

BTW there is no better forum, at least compared to here at its peak

shmeee wrote: »
    One for me tomorrow and is already being well supported this evening.

Plumpton 5.00
    Famousandfearless @ 9/4

One I've followed as a plot job last season and failed to deliver and got stung. Over fences tomorrow and back down in trip may do the trick.

Halved in price overnight from opening price of 3s yesterday evening.

But as I've seen before with it, often well backed but yet to deliver. Value got if anything.

• Advertisement

sdoc13 wrote: »
    Feel the same

Have tried some of the other forums bit not up to much either.

If I am missing something someone might pm me as well.

The tips thread going out the gap killed it a bit also.

I know there is a tips thread over in the gambling section and I posted in it a few time, last night I threw up a late 9/2 winner. But not many might see it over there compared to here was the thing.

The tips thread going out the gap killed it a bit also.

I know there is a tips thread over in the gambling section and I posted in it a few time, last night I threw up a late 9/2 winner. But not many might see it over there compared to here was the thing.

I think it was more than the tips thread going.

Seems lately that daily threads are set up sporadically and even if they are its late in the day. The top poster's seem to be posting less and less and debate and analysis of races both before and after races seems to have disappeared.

This forum was without doubt the best around. Same as the rest now.

I hope it can return to the way it was but I doubt it.

sdoc13 wrote: »
    I think it was more than the tips thread going.

Seems lately that daily threads are set up sporadically and even if they are its late in the day. The top poster's seem to be posting less and less and debate and analysis of races both before and after races seems to have disappeared.

This forum was without diubt tge best around. Same as the rest now.

I hope it can return to the way it was but I doubt it.

If someone would take it upon themselves to just start a thread each night for the following day it would help. Get the ball rolling.

I'd come over to discuss a race I've just watched and when theres no daily thread, I don't get that chance and just leave.

If someone would take it upon themselves to just start a thread each night for the following day it would help. Get the ball rolling.

I'd come over to discuss a race I've just watched and when theres no daily thread, I don't get that chance and just leave.

Mabye a mod should set up a daily thread. Might get something going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

I'd be more concerned to figure out a way to try and attract many of the good contributors back.. not sure if a daily thread would do this but might help i suppose.

And all this because of a bloody football tournament :mad::mad::mad:

only1stevo wrote: »
    I'd be more concerned to figure out a way to try and attract many of the good contributors back.. not sure if a daily thread would do this but might help i suppose.

And all this because of a bloody football tournament :mad::mad::mad:

Ya and as I said at the time if we lost those posters the forum would struggle.

The top 3 or holy trinity as I considered them are a serious loss I know they post occasionally but no where near as much. Think the good was taken out of it for them. Such a shame and so unnecessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

R.I.P.

My opinion fwiw.

The modding became OTT , "post in this format only" or be deleted etc...despite some lads being on mobiles and trying to type a bit of info quickly.

Hardly a coincidence? yes, poor racing will see fewer post from time to time but I can't ever recall such a rapid drop off.

And if you expressed the opinion I am above, you were shot down and told you could only discuss/comment by private message with the Moderator!

The fun and crack went out of the racing forum.

*awaits red card, but it hardly matters at this stage*

I didn't realise some of the old reliable s are posting in the gambling forum in the horse racing subforum. Seems like there is a bit of banter too. Will have to keep an eye on it.

Advertisement