Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Sensations

Options
  • 20-09-2014 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Been reducing my smoking recently, haven't smoked in a few days now. Last 2/3 days have been weird as hell though. I had the irritability and that seems to be gone but I now get like mini panic attacks a few times a day. It isn't really panic but vague memories that cause a sense of foreboding. Worse thing about them is that at the time they seem really genuine but then for a fleeting moment I realise the memories are false and 10/15 seconds after it stops I cant remember any of the details, it's like waking up from a dream if you know what I mean.

Had a bad cough/throat that seems to have gone now.

Appetite wise, I haven't had an increase in appetite, rather the opposite. I'm barely eating. Some low level headaches but these are disapating.

Feels really odd overall and I'm not sure if this is the nicotine withdrawal or something else.

Any help is much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Spearsharp

I have similar feelings as you do at first, but after a few months, all gone. I suggest keeping quitting!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Synchronic

I had anxiety/panic attacks when I started to quit too much, it's a chemical imbalance really you are missing your nicotine. Hope the withdrawal is still going well for you.

Advertisement