Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desktop for Music Production

Options
  • 19-09-2014 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi my name is Mark

I am looking for advice on the kind of equipment I would need to build a top notch music production machine have been thinking about just buying a dell Desktop was talking to a dell agent and he recommended the following system. What do you guys think would be my best option any advice welcome thanks.

XPS 8700 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4790 processor (8M Cache, up to 4.0 GHz)
    XPS 8700, Black Chassis 
    32GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz - 4 DIMMs 
    3TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive 6.0 Gb/s + 256GB SSD 
    Blu-ray Combo Drive (Reads BD and Writes to DVD/CD) 
    Power Cord : UK 250V 
    Monitor not included 
    AMD Radeon(TM) HD R9 270 2GB GDDR5 
    No Speaker Requested 
    Dell SRV Software 7260AC 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.0, Dual Band 2.4&5 GHz, 2x2 
    Dell USB 6-Button Laser Mouse Keyboard: UK/Irish Dell KB213 USB Multimedia Keyboard 
    McAfee Live Safe 30day Trial Adobe Revel 1.1 Premium 90 Day for Windows 8.1 
    McAfee Live Safe XPS 12 Month Subscription 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭whizbang

i7, and 32Gb seems like overkill, but no harm. Main thing is audio card. Internal/external? Onboard are usually crap.

look up audio forums for good quality audio systems. Do you need firewire interface?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

What price were you quoted for that? There was another lad looking to do a build for Music Production lately too.

Thread here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057290214

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mph2010

Hey guys

Thanks for your replies. I have been quoted 1700 for that and a high quality 24" Monitor.

Advertisement