Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy TabPRO 12.2 or Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Bronze

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

The only real difference, apart from the screen size, is the handwriting recognition.

I have the 12.2 for over 6 months now, and I use the handwriting every day without fail, either in work or as part of my own studies. In terms of performance, for what you want, I really don't think there would be a noticeable difference.

The screen is pretty incredible in terms of quality and those extra 2.2 inches do make a difference.

So if I were you, I would be asking can I justify the premium for the bigger screen and the handwriting recognition?

Personally speaking, I could.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    The only real difference, apart from the screen size, is the handwriting recognition.

I have the 12.2 for over 6 months now, and I use the handwriting every day without fail, either in work or as part of my own studies. In terms of performance, for what you want, I really don't think there would be a noticeable difference.

The screen is pretty incredible in terms of quality and those extra 2.2 inches do make a difference.

So if I were you, I would be asking can I justify the premium for the bigger screen and the handwriting recognition?

Personally speaking, I could.

Cheers Tom, sort of came to the same conclusion last night after watching a few more reviews on youtube. Doesn't sound like a lot but when you see the two sizes compared side by side those extra inches really add up!

Do you have the note or tabpro model? Shopped around a bit more last night and found a much better deal on the Note with Orange, comes to 489, 60 less than the tabpro on PCWorld with the stylus and associated software included. Never ordered through them before, fairly well known company though so presume they'd be kosher?

This is the link anyway if anyone else is interested in having a look http://store.orange.com/eu/search/?q=Samsung+Galaxy+Note+PRO+12.2

DamoKen wrote: »
    Do you have the note or tabpro model

Oops, my mistake. I have the Note Pro, I now see that's a TabPro. Didn't even know such a thing existed. :o

So it looks like that doesn't do handwriting recognition.

It's really down to the screen, so. I still say 12.2 inches is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭JasonRyan

Is it the wi-fi or lte version you have? If wi-fi, do you notice any slowness switching between apps like a good few of the review sites were mentioning?
    Thanks.
    Oops, my mistake. I have the Note Pro, I now see that's a TabPro. Didn't even know such a thing existed. :o

So it looks like that doesn't do handwriting recognition.

It's really down to the screen, so. I still say 12.2 inches is fantastic.

JasonRyan wrote: »
    Is it the wi-fi or lte version you have? If wi-fi, do you notice any slowness switching between apps like a good few of the review sites were mentioning?
    Thanks.

It's the LTE version, and no, I don't notice any slowness. In fact even with loads of apps running, it's extremely nippy.

• Advertisement

Cheers for that, I had seen that the reviews were all saying the wi-fi was the Exynos chip & that the lte version would use a different snapdragon chip which they all reckoned would be more of a powerhouse.
    However, you know every review is only as good as the person doing the review, and a lot of them seemed Apple fanboys having a bash at Android. Me personally, I couldn't care less what make it is as long as it's good. My own eq ranges from a iPad Air, to a HTC One, to a Windows desktop, to a MacBook Pro, so I have a pick & mix and not tied to any one type. However, really liking the spec on the Note Pro, and the upcoming Note 4 phone....Anyway rambling a bit now, thanks for the reply!
    Did you manage to source within Ireland or have to order online for the lte version?
    It's the LTE version, and no, I don't notice any slowness. In fact even with loads of apps running, it's extremely nippy.

JasonRyan wrote: »
    Did you manage to source within Ireland or have to order online for the lte version?

I actually live abroad, so I just nipped down to my local phoneshop to buy it. :)

Cool, the wonders of having the world at your fingertips...!
    I actually live abroad, so I just nipped down to my local phoneshop to buy it. :)

Advertisement