Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medicine in uk - without chemistry

Options
  • 19-09-2014 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    I know we can study medicine in ireland without chemistry if we do premed.
    Now, in the uk the premed also exists, but, they also have a prerequisite of having chemistry. Can anybody shine some light on the possibility of me studying in the uk without chemistry?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

I'm not sure of individual courses but it you look through the UCAS site it has 'overseas requirements' for all the medicine courses. Some of them specify Chemistry, some of them don't. Have a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Why not do chemistry ? It's not hard at lc level . Plus to be honest you need it for biochem if you don't do premed .

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭leopard trek

Hey guys, thanks for your replies!
    Unfortunately the ukcat registration closed last night... I wasn't expecting them to close so soon, I'm only back in school with three weeks and haven't had time to research everything Ect
    So, it looks like I won't be going to the uk next year!
    @eoghan unfortunately i already take ag science outside of school and I couldn't find the time to study a second subject without the aid of a school.
    Now, time to look at other countries! Any recommendations?
    Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭marko747

Hi guys, I'm in a similar position to the OP. I am just doing Biology for Leaving Cert, was unable to get Chemistry due to subject choice lines. Like the Op, I would be interested in the UK as a back up, but all the universities I spoke to at Higher Options have Chemistry as a matriculation. Any of you guys know of any courses that do not require Chemistry? I booked the UKCAT, but also learned that some universities need the BMAT. Thanks :)

Advertisement