Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playback Problem

Options
  • 19-09-2014 3:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭

Hi all, first off let me say I am dosed to the eyes with the flu so having tried to look on relevant fora I am ready to throw my laptop out the window. Please forgive if it has been asked before etc can barely even think straight at the moment.

Long story short I got an android box awhile ago, it is a rockchip ARM Cortex A9. Quad core and 2gig of ram. Running Android 4.2.2 and the board is rk31sdk.

Now the tech info is out of the way, I have this box connected via ethernet to a 3TB nas drive. When the box was set up it played everything that was thrown at it, 1080p 720p etc etc. Now I have roughly half the nas drive filled it has started being hinky. Trying to play 1080p see's it judder every few seconds. I should mention that this is not only new files but also files it played flawlessly before.

I thought I read somewhere that if you have a large index it can effect the playback, as I had the library with tiled art for each file I removed everything. When this didn't work I factory reset the box and installed a fresh copy of xbmc, I noticed when it wasn't a freshly downloaded copy but the one I originally installed, all the art, add ons etc were still there.

So fresh copy all wiped clean, just to rule out index I used a video source that was the direct folder to a specific file which wasn't playing properly and still no joy.

Is there anything I can do here? Just to add, I just tried the particular file from the nas to my xbox 360 and it plays perfectly. :mad:

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Anyone? Or is there a more relevant forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Have you tried playback of the same format but from a small pen drive plugged directly into box? Does it play ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Just tried that and same thing happens.

Advertisement