Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of doing art for my leaving cert..

Options
  • 18-09-2014 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi I'm new to the forms!
    I'm a 5th year student who did art for JC I hated being told what I can and can't do (teacher decided what we drew etc) I didn't hand in all my pieces and I got a C my teacher said I'd have gotten an A if I handed in all my work and it was up to the standard 'I'm capable of'

Regardless I'm in 5th year and I was thinking of doing art as I'm interest in becoming a Jewellery Designer after school so I thought art would be a good idea!
    It's opposite one of my other subjects on the timetable (geography) geography would be one of better subjects too..
    So I don't know if I should do art or not..

Is there any way I could do my work based on jewellery designs/designing jewellery?.. Should I do art?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

Just a small piece of advice, I'm not saying you're bad at art! Art is a lot about opinion and its very hard to get an A in. If you are prepared to put a LOT of time and effort in to art then take it, definitely, it seems you have a passion for it so in my opinion you should go for it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

If you're thinking of a career in art i think the subject will be of more benefit than geography. You'll improve ur art skills immensely, and will give u a better idea if art is the path you really want. Plus you get to learn the history which is always interesting plus it gives you a better understanding into the whole world of art. People in my school are now studying architecture based on their interest in the Georgian period

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Talk to the Art teacher in your school about the possibility of you taking night classes somewhere and using your jewellery as part of your exam design/practical work.
    See what they say.

Advertisement