Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diagnose and repair Stannah 400 stairlift

Options
  • 18-09-2014 2:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello there, I bought an used Stannah 400 straight stair lift without a hinge and installed it. Initially the chair would move a little and stop. I could power cycle the stair lift and repeat the limited movement. I measured the voltage on the batteries and one was 13.5 V but the other one was at 11.9V. Thinking I needed a new battery I replaced the lower voltage battery. I may have created a short during the battery swap because I blew the fuse going from the negative terminal on one battery to the positive terminal of the other. I replace the 20Amp fuse and now when I turn the system on, it goes into a continuous beep. LED#6 on the main board is continuously on. LED#4 blinks at regular (fast) intervals. Any cues as to what might be going on or a pointer to a service manual will be greatly appreciated. Best, Sumit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I may have created a short during the battery swap

You might have blown a controller board ..... my advice is to get a Stannah service person to look at it, as that would probably be cheaper in the long run.

Advertisement