Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1Password for iOS - Free

Options
  • 17-09-2014 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭

It seems that 1Password for iOS is currently free to download, i've been using it quite a while now and would find it difficult to go without now. It's normally expensive as far as apps go so I'd go for it now while it's free.

It's a password manager btw if your not familiar, probably the most popular.

iTunes store link.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

Great app. Looking forward to testing it with the touch id.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's gone freemium. Free to download but with in-app purchase to get all the features.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

It's gone freemium. Free to download but with in-app purchase to get all the features.

Is it very limited in what it offers for free?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm not sure tbh. As I already purchased the app I got the pro features automatically.

It's worth it. One of the best apps on the App Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

Why would you need this when there's apple's keychain? Genuine question btw, not being smart! Does it complement keychain? Do they work ok together or is it a case of adopting one or the other?

• Advertisement

It's probably not as essential now there's iCloud Keychain. Although I still use both. iCloud Keychain doesn't work with a lot of sites and it's limited to Apple apps and devices where as 1Password can be used with most browsers and can be accessed via Dropbox's web interface.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Tells me I require iOS 8.

*sigh* yet another iPhone (4) falls to updates.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

adox wrote: »
    Is it very limited in what it offers for free?

I had a demo of the previous version before I bought a full version and it was limited to 10 username/password combinations.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

There are in app purchases, you have to buy a years sub to get the full premium version.

No, it's a one-time in-app purchase. You are thinking of LastPass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TempAc

NetNinja wrote: »
    Why would you need this when there's apple's keychain? Genuine question btw, not being smart! Does it complement keychain? Do they work ok together or is it a case of adopting one or the other?
    Well, if you only use Apple devices and safari, and only want to store website passwords then yes, Apple's keychain would be just fine.

If you want to use Android/Windows and other browsers, or store other types of info securely then iCloud keychain isn't really enough.

That said, I'd choose lastpass over 1Password. 1 Password Mac client is another $50, windows client another $50. They also used to charge separately for the iPad and iPhone apps but have stopped with their new freemium model. Got screwed by them before in the v3 to v4 upgrade and haven't gone back since. So lastpass it is for me.

Advertisement