Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating maths - confused by new syllabus :s

Options
  • 17-09-2014 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Can someone tell me the structure of the exam?
    I don't understand the "strands".
    Which question is which topic?
    I know I want to study Numbers (I think this is strand 3?), but I don't know which question I'd find this under in the sample/past papers.

I have less stress and new concise project maths 3a - if anyone has any suggestions of what books are good, I'd appreciate it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Strand numbers are irrelevant at this point because everything is being examined using the Project Maths syllabus.

Set topics do not have set questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭pancakes rule

Is there any structure to the exam at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Both exams have a concept and skills section and a context and applications section. Each worth half marks. Concept and skills is usually 6 25 mark questions, straightforward enough. Then context and applications has been 3 50 marks, or 2 75 marks, or any other combination of 150 marks. This section examines how you can apply Maths to problems and is normally made up of a serious of questions which incorporate many ideas.

Advertisement