Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Cry Dead

Options
  • 17-09-2014 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

Big blow to Darley, Street Cry has been euthanized at the age of 16. They've had plenty of his runners in Europe without really doing much but he did very well in the States, 17 Grade 1 winners including Zenyatta and was standing at 100KUSD this season and a high of 150

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Never liked this fella as a stallion, unlike his American and Australian runners where he was a success. His European runners certainly never followed through on their initial promise. Saamid, Carlton House, Fencing etc, not exactly a match for the best of the Europeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭FIVE2_THREE

tryfix wrote: »
    Never liked this fella as a stallion, unlike his American and Australian runners where he was a success. His European runners certainly never followed through on their initial promise. Saamid, Carlton House, Fencing etc, not exactly a match for the best of the Europeans.

I always viewed him as a bit of an odd ball. He sired Group one winners on all three surfaces But it appears that his legacy will fade fast as none of his sons have emerged as a player on the world stage. Street Senses daughters appear to be better than his sons at this point so it all rest with Shocking who went to stud in 2011

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

I might be wrong but the only Group winner I see for him in Ireland was Princess Highway in the 2012 Blue Wind Stakes [G3] at Naas.
    I don't see any in France, Italy, or Germany.

English Group winners were
    Majestic Roi f. [G1] Sun Chariot; [G3] Fred Darling
    Princess Highway f. [G2] Ribblesdale
    Lyric Of Light [G1] f. Fillies Mile; [G2] May Hill
    Emirates Queen f. [G2] Yorkshire Oaks
    Carlton House m. [G2] Dante; [G3] Brigadier Gerard

I see on the Racing Post website his AEI is 0.84 which was very poor for a $100,000 fee.

Advertisement