Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power site

Options
  • 17-09-2014 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Is anyone else having problems accessing there site the last couple of days today especially gone to the dogs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

yeah not working at all for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Themonkey

its brutal im finding it happening once every 2 weeks mostly on days good racing is on i think its time for a change

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

It just came back this minute, after the Kerry National......saved a few bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

It just came back this minute, after the Kerry National......saved a few bob.

Came back minutes before it for me....cost me a few bob

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

bet365 lads, I was a main Paddy Power user for years but when the site kept crashing on me regularly like above, I made the switch.

Only use PP for GAA now if needed really, but bet365 are getting more and more games on that front now too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭bladespin

Found the site very up and down, refreshing often seems to sort things but can be very frustrating, I'm sure they've lost lots through this over the years, the mobile app was truly awful for a long time, constantly locking up, slowing phone etc but the latest seems pretty stable. The amount of times I've threatened to close the account (and didn't lol) is beyond counting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mad to close any account no matter what the issue, dont use them is all

a special/offer will pop up somewhere and its frustrating not being
    able to avail of it
    imagine closing down your bet365 account and losing out on the free 50 in play
    soccer bets 4/5 times a year
    the more the merrier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Exactly the only reason anyone should close an account is if they're self restricting themselves. If they went top price on a fancy of yours you'd be stupid not to take it

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

I closed my PP account over similar issues, boy do I regret it now

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

Got an e-mail from PP three or four years ago saying the account had been temporarily disabled due to three unsuccessful login attempts. As I had not made three unsuccessful login attempts it was obvious there had been an attempted hacking, so I immediately closed the account.

When the recent story surfaced about the PP data being hacked and offered for sale, it transpired that the data theft had taken place around the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

curioser wrote: »
    Got an e-mail from PP three or four years ago saying the account had been temporarily disabled due to three unsuccessful login attempts.

Got an email like that, but only last month!

So whoever took the data years ago, they aren't in any great rush to do perhaps a lazy push / knock on the door type test (assuming here it's something lazy & contextual like 'name of a top premier league team', or the old trusty newbie's favourite: 'password1') on their earlier acquired data...

The pp site is grand overall, the betslip can be a slow to respond to dealing with high frequency larger accumulator variations, other than that handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

could that be grounds to open a new account and avail of first time offers? worth a shot imo

Advertisement