Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a P45 not from employer

Options
  • 17-09-2014 1:56pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone can help me I recently left my job due bullying I told my employer that I was leaving work and ended up leaving on bad terms now I need my P45 for something so is their anyway I get this without actually asking my employer because it's a long story but after the way I left I cannot go down and ask them for it, but I do know by law that they have to give it to me.

So can anybody advise me on how I go about getting it without actually contacting my employer. I was thinking about ringing the head office but it's in the UK and they will be asking my I didn't go to my local shop so then I will have to explain to them about the bullying which will cause problems because I live in a small town and I am bound to run into these people again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,766 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Get a friend to go in there and ask for it to be posted to you. (They shouldn't just hand it over to a randomer offer the street, but you never know.)

Go into Citizen's Information, and get them to ring the employer for you.

Get someone to write a lawyer's letter demanding that it be posted to your address within X days.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

Thanks for the reply

I can't get a friend to ask because I already tried to get someone to get my last pay slip and they wouldn't give it out because it was for me.

Going to a lawyer would probably cost money and time I don't have much of either right now.

I will try the citizens information thing though.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

How long has it been since you left? a P45 should be given to you ASAP when you leave be it you resign and give notice or walk out the door. it really shouldnt tame more than a few days to prepare it.

simply send a registered letter to the Hr department with the following content

Dear HR Persons

I hereby request that you furnish me my P45 and any final payslips that are due to me.

regards
    former employer

• Registered Users Posts: 25,766 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

They won't hand it to the friend - that's why I said to get the friend to ask for it to be posted to you.

And you don't have to get a lawyer to write a legal-ish letter. Just put it on some kind of letterhead and make it sound like a more official version of what Faolchu said, signed by someone else.

They won't hand it to the friend - that's why I said to get the friend to ask for it to be posted to you.

And you don't have to get a lawyer to write a legal-ish letter. Just put it on some kind of letterhead and make it sound like a more official version of what Faolchu said, signed by someone else.

Faolchu wrote: »
    How long has it been since you left? a P45 should be given to you ASAP when you leave be it you resign and give notice or walk out the door. it really shouldnt tame more than a few days to prepare it.

simply send a registered letter to the Hr department with the following content

Dear HR Persons

I hereby request that you furnish me my P45 and any final payslips that are due to me.

regards
    former employer

It's been about a week and a half but I know them and they'll drag their heels for as long as they can on this.

I emailed the head office earlier but it's in London so even if I send a letter i'd say they will just tell me to go to where I worked to get it.

• Advertisement

a week is sufficient time to process a P45, it can be done in a day. outstanding pay etc could take a while. send them a registered letter asking for it, without it you'll have difficulty with the social welfare should you try to claim benifits in that it could delay your claim.

Thanks I am going to send them a letter tomorrow and see how it goes. I don't need the P45 to claim social welfare it's for something else. You can't get social welfare for over two months if you get fired or leave your job yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Seridisand

If you don't have any luck from the letter, don't bother with a solicitor, contact your area revenue office about the company refusing

stevie1122 wrote: »
    Thanks I am going to send them a letter tomorrow and see how it goes. I don't need the P45 to claim social welfare it's for something else. You can't get social welfare for over two months if you get fired or leave your job yourself.

If it's for a new job, just ring revenue, with new employers reg rumber and they'll sort your allowences for you.

stevie1122 wrote: »
    I don't need the P45 to claim social welfare it's for something else. You can't get social welfare for over two months if you get fired or leave your job yourself.

true however you still need to present yourself and make a claim the first day of unemployment regardless of whether they pay you or not.

Yes teh idea of contacting revenue is spot on. What you can do is contact revenue and and tell them you have started a new job and give them teh new company tax details. they will issue you a new tax cert and send your credit statement to the new employer. Not sure if revenue need your P45 for this though. there was a way in teh past called being put on a "week one" basis wher eyou sent your P45 to revenue when changing jobs so your new employer couldnt calculate yor old salary if you happend to tell a fib about whay you were earning at an interview

• Advertisement
Advertisement