Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any tech shop in dub that would flash cynagenmod for me?

Options
  • 17-09-2014 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

I have an aging samsung galaxy tab2 10.1 thats starting to get quite slow, i did a factory reset recently which helped for a while but its starting to lag again ( everyday use, no gaming) . id like to put cynagenmod on it the one click installer doesnt support my device ive tried to follow online instructions for rooting and installing a custom rom but it seeems beond me!! anyone know if any tech shops in city centre woukd do this for me cheaply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I'd say it's definitely not be beyond you. Search for some youtube videos on the subject. Sometimes written instructions can be overwhelming when you aren't familiar with the process but I bet you'll find if you watch a few videos you'll start to feel much more comfortable with trying it.
    Look for videos on rooting first.
    The most confusing aspect is finding the rom and root package that suit your device , once you have that sorted it's just a matter of hooking up the usb to the pc and pressing a few buttons on a piece of software installed on your pc. It's genuinely easy and if you've already taken the time to find out a little about it you might well find you enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Doubtful they will, I approached a few shops who declined to flash a rom as they would be liable if they bricked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Casshern88 wrote: »
    I have an aging samsung galaxy tab2 10.1 thats starting to get quite slow, i did a factory reset recently which helped for a while but its starting to lag again ( everyday use, no gaming) . id like to put cynagenmod on it the one click installer doesnt support my device ive tried to follow online instructions for rooting and installing a custom rom but it seeems beond me!! anyone know if any tech shops in city centre woukd do this for me cheaply.
    It's not hard to do manually, here's the XDA page and a great guide:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2571498

http://www.teamandroid.com/2014/07/08/update-galaxy-tab-2-101-p5110-cm11-android-443-kitkat-custom-rom/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭mondeo

Doubtful they will, I approached a few shops who declined to flash a rom as they would be liable if they bricked it.

They may ask you to sign a waiver and then do it.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Take your time, follow the instructions, maybe check a few youtube videos to get yourself comfortable with the process.

Failing that, seek boards assistance. I'm sure someone will do it for beer.

• Advertisement

mondeo wrote: »
    They may ask you to sign a waiver and then do it.

Told them I wouldnt blame them they still said no.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

We'll have a live install session here. Get all your stuff ready. I've a pot of coffee on.

MarkR wrote: »
    We'll have a live install session here. Get all your stuff ready. I've a pot of coffee on.

**** we bricked it *runs* :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

It's handy to do. simply google Kingo app. Install and activate it and follow the instructions and it will root your tab.

Then just save the cynagenmod file to whatever location you need, boot into recovery mode and go from there.

Be sure to do backups of everything you have first, plus do a backup of the OS you have at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

unfortunately part of the problem is my laptop is out of action at the minute and i don't have access to a alternative laptop / desktop to do the installation from! hence just willing to get a tech shop or someone to do it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

You don't absolutely need a laptop if you aren't going to use ODIN. You can download things and save to your sd card and work from there if you like.

You don't absolutely need a laptop if you aren't going to use ODIN. You can download things and save to your sd card and work from there if you like.

Exactly!

Just do what i suggested OP.

Ok ill give the Kingo app method a go later ill post back if im having any issue

Ok ill give the Kingo app method a go later ill post back if im having any issue

Don't forget to do your backup!!! Use titanium backup and clockwork mod from the play store.

wait a min , but you need a pc to run kingo off ya ? it has to connect to pc at some stage

wait a min , but you need a pc to run kingo off ya ? it has to connect to pc at some stage

Ah balls, your right! I was getting confused with Framaroot.:o

You can always try the latest version of framaroot. It may at this stage have the ability to root the Tab2.

Advertisement