Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Beach Triathlon

Options
  • 16-09-2014 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi I'm looking for an entry for this race, I unfortunately missed the closing date on TI.

If anyone has one please let me know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

kingaling wrote: »
    Hi I'm looking for an entry for this race, I unfortunately missed the closing date on TI.

If anyone has one please let me know.

I've entered but can't do it now. If you can get permission from the organisers for a name swap (unlikely at this late stage I'd say), contact me then and we'll arrange a transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kingaling

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    I've entered but can't do it now. If you can get permission from the organisers for a name swap (unlikely at this late stage I'd say), contact me then and we'll arrange a transfer.

Leave it with me. I'll try to contact someone. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭noc231073

Am I missing something with this race when was it given a national series
    And it's now a European qualifier ..
    Don't know how I missed this when check races to do for the national series ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

When the NAC triathlon got cancelled at the start of the year this race took it's place.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

noc231073 wrote: »
    Am I missing something with this race when was it given a national series
    And it's now a European qualifier ..
    Don't know how I missed this when check races to do for the national series ...

Replacement NS race for the 3D race which was given national series but had to be cancelled. Been national series since May (?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 kingaling

Kurt Godel wrote: »

Pulse have told me it's to late to swap. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭noc231073

Replacement NS race for the 3D race which was given national series but had to be cancelled. Been national series since May (?)

Since may ....! Don't know how I missed it
    Anyway too late now ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Anybody do this & notice no motorbike marshals on the course?
    I didn't see one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

PWEI wrote: »
    Anybody do this & notice no motorbike marshals on the course?
    I didn't see one.

Our team got a drafting penalty by motorbike marshal.

adamski8 wrote: »
    Our team got a drafting penalty by motorbike marshal.

Maybe I was just so late getting out of the water they were all gone by then.

Had a mare in the swim, worst one ever. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

out of curiosity , what was the swim like, choppy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭thejaguar

I didn't actually see a motorbike marshall myself, but a friend of mine did and he was being a bit 'over zealous' in marshalling people drafting.
    Apparently he had some young lad crying he gave him such a bawling out??

My friend said it to the race director and Triathlon Ireland are following up.

As for the swim, it was pretty choppy alright - I was hoping for somewhere between 12 and 13 mins - ended up taking 17:27. It was against the tide as well if I'm not mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

thejaguar wrote: »
    I didn't actually see a motorbike marshall myself, but a friend of mine did and he was being a bit 'over zealous' in marshalling people drafting.
    Apparently he had some young lad crying he gave him such a bawling out??

My friend said it to the race director and Triathlon Ireland are following up.

ah here, it was hardly that bad ???

would rather them be strict and enforce the laws.

miller82 wrote: »
    ah here, it was hardly that bad ???

would rather them be strict and enforce the laws.

I dunno my friend said the same. Actually, he said a guy past him out at the last 200m and while he was doing so the motorcyclist pulled up and started shouting inaudible things at my mate, it was his first triathlon and didn't know what he should do then, the marshal then shouted some more all he heard was penalty box, my mate didn't really understand or see the penalty box and didn't serve his time so we were disqualified :( he swears he was in no way drafting and there was a good bit of bunching up near the finish line. Cant appeal drafting though :(

Was the penalty box not mentioned in the race briefing?

Was the penalty box not mentioned in the race briefing?

Oh it was, i didnt accuse them of not making it clear etc, just saying that it was my friends first one so he was a bit confused etc.

Didn't Pulse promise to post every competitor a T-Shirt at the race briefing?

Bad form if they don't considering it was €45 to enter we didn't get a thing except a bag full of flyers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Tom__JNR

It was running/cycling long sleeve jersey they posted. I got it last week.

I choose extra small for my wife but it fits me just perfect. Never thought I would wear XS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭s_gr

I also took part but never received a tshirt in the post. Have other people got them as well. If so I will drop them an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭thejaguar

I haven't received any t-shirt yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Didn't Pulse promise to post every competitor a T-Shirt at the race briefing?

Bad form if they don't considering it was €45 to enter we didn't get a thing except a bag full of flyers.

Relax you will get your t shirt.

A bag full of flyers and a race....

They were posted out last week AFAIK. Posted out by the supplier so possibly sent out in batches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

and a race....

But sure a race costs nothing to organise..... ;)

A bag full of flyers and a race....

For the price we paid I expect more than just a race especially considering the week before we got a longer better organised race, a t-shirt, a three course meal & a hot shower for roughly the same price.

I have nothing against clubs not providing the little extras but then make the entry fee cheaper.

For the price we paid I expect more than just a race especially considering the week before we got a longer better organised race, a t-shirt, a three course meal & a hot shower for roughly the same price.

I have nothing against clubs not providing the little extras but then make the entry fee cheaper.

What other races did you do this year?

What other races did you do this year?

Blacksod Point Challenge the week before & three other National series races.

I got my tshirt today

Did you get your shirt yet?

Did you get your shirt yet?

Got it on Friday, thanks. Nice shirt too.

• Advertisement

Got it on Friday, thanks. Nice shirt too.

Nice one. All the volunteers got one too which was a nice touch.

Advertisement